+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about POF and Bank statement.

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I have a question about POF and Bank statement for OINP. What if I get some large amount of money from my father in cash. I then deposit it into my bank account. If I then show a notarized gift deed from my father, would that be enough? I don't have a bank transfer to show.
Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zaksam777 said:
Hi all,

I have a question about POF and Bank statement for OINP. What if I get some large amount of money from my father in cash. I then deposit it into my bank account. If I then show a notarized gift deed from my father, would that be enough? I don't have a bank transfer to show.
Thanks.
Maybe.

Is there a way to provide a bank statement from your father to see when he withdrew that amount?

kk1988

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
POF, You can borrowed from somebody or gifts from your parents. that's totally fine.
as long as they exsit for at least a period of time, depends on your stream method,
if under cec, pof not required...

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
Maybe.

Is there a way to provide a bank statement from your father to see when he withdrew that amount?
It may be difficult. Would that be an issue?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zaksam777 said:
It may be difficult. Would that be an issue?
I'm just thinking ahead in case you're required to provide proof of where those funds came from.

The gift deed letter may proof to be sufficient.

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
I'm just thinking ahead in case you're required to provide proof of where those funds came from.

The gift deed letter may proof to be sufficient.
OINP does ask you for additional proof before rejecting your application right?