+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about pieces of ID for obtaining proof of citizenship application

GirlNorte

Apr 2, 2015
Hello,

I am trying to come up with two pieces of ID for my minor children for the proof of Canadian Citizenship application.

I have their American passports for photo ID, but I am not sure what is acceptable for the second piece. I will be submitting certified photocopies of their birth certificates to prove they are children born to a Canadian parent, but can the birth certificates also be used as that second piece of ID? Or do I need something else?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
GirlNorte said:
Hello,

I am trying to come up with two pieces of ID for my minor children for the proof of Canadian Citizenship application.

I have their American passports for photo ID, but I am not sure what is acceptable for the second piece. I will be submitting certified photocopies of their birth certificates to prove they are children born to a Canadian parent, but can the birth certificates also be used as that second piece of ID? Or do I need something else?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

We submitted passport and birth certificate as forms of ID with no problems.

Just on a sidenote make sure your child's name is spelled correctly when you get the certificate, ours wasn't!

LN13

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-6-2015
AOR Received.
16/7/2015
File Transfer...
8/13/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
I think we sent health insurance cards and SSN cards if I remember correctly, along with the passport.

I think we went overkill though as I'd rather send them too much stuff then too little!

Aaurora

Mar 24, 2016
I have same question. My child was born in US. Which 2 pieces personal identification are accepted by office for Canadian citizenship certificate. We have my son's passport. He did not have driver's license or health card in US. What other piece of id is accepted? Thanks for any help.