+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about PGWP

java_python

Nov 17, 2019
I have been a student at a university in Vancouver since August 2013 (Bachelor's of Science in BA). I left Vancouver in May 2018 with 8 around classes left and have been in my home country since then. I applied for a new study permit for the Spring 2020 semester to complete my course and was granted a study permit on Jan 19 2020. I deferred my classes to the summer semester of 2020 because I did not have enough time but due to coronavirus, I will not be able to come to Canada in May either. I have a few questions about my post graduate work permit.

Firstly, am I still eligible for a 3 year work permit? Will me being away for my studies for almost 2 years impact the length of the work permit I will receive? Second, if I complete my classes online, will I be able to come to Canada or will I have to apply for a work permit from my home country?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Most likely not, you are not allowed to be part time (besides your last semester) or have any breaks (besides scheduled ones) in order to qualify for PGWP.

java_python

Nov 17, 2019
Most likely not, you are not allowed to be part time (besides your last semester) or have any breaks (besides scheduled ones) in order to qualify for PGWP.
I dont see anywhere where it says you can't take breaks or anything like that. Show me where it says breaks and Ill believe you lmao

java_python

Nov 17, 2019
Up to you. The info is there in govt. website
"
Post-graduation work permit validity
A post-graduation work permit may be issued based on the length of the study program for a minimum of 8 months up to a maximum of 3 years.

When determining the length of a post-graduation work permit, officers may consider the duration of the program of study in Canada and confirm it with supporting documents. Regularly scheduled breaks (for example, scheduled winter and summer breaks) should be included in the time accumulated toward the length of the post-graduation work permit.

"

Do you have trouble reading English? It says breaks should be included in the time accumulated toward the length of the PGWP lmao

Do everyone a favor and dont reply to things you dont know about lmao

• Haha
Reactions: kloppity

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
"
Post-graduation work permit validity
A post-graduation work permit may be issued based on the length of the study program for a minimum of 8 months up to a maximum of 3 years.

When determining the length of a post-graduation work permit, officers may consider the duration of the program of study in Canada and confirm it with supporting documents. Regularly scheduled breaks (for example, scheduled winter and summer breaks) should be included in the time accumulated toward the length of the post-graduation work permit.

"

Do you have trouble reading English? It says breaks should be included in the time accumulated toward the length of the PGWP lmao

Do everyone a favor and dont reply to things you dont know about lmao
If you are so certain, why are you asking a question?

Reactions: Elbethel

Murich

Star Member
Sep 7, 2019
Taking leave from your studies
You may not be eligible for a PGWP if

• you take an unauthorized leave from your study program and
  • we find you didn’t meet the conditions of your study permit by taking this leave
There are a few cases where you may be able to take an authorized leave of up to 150 days from your study program and still meet the conditions of your study permit. If your leave is authorized, you may still be eligible for a PGWP. Find out what counts as an authorized leave from your studies.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/eligibility.html
You are not eligible.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Leaving the country for 2 years isn't a regularly scheduled break, you should start a new program but your time Uni has been a waste as far as PGWP.

SohanRathore

May 30, 2020
Hey guys
I have applied my pgwp on feb 09 2020 submitted on11 feb.Have not got email for biometrics still and one of my friend applied 2 day ago and he got biometrics email today . Any suggestions

shravan95

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi everyone, my name is Shravan Shah. I am graduating in August 2020 from Centennial College. My question might be silly but I need to ask.
So, I had a co-op in my program, however, I had to apply for a co-op work permit later on as I did not receive it with my study permit. In my co-op work permit application form I had added my part-time work experience (in Canada). So I was just wondering do I need to add my part-time work in the PGWP application form. I saw the form and it just allows to add 3 work experiences in the form and I have more than that. According to what I know (we need to write the exact same things in all new applications, whatever we wrote in past application forms).
Can anyone guide me, please? I don't want to mess up in my application.
THANKS IN ADVANCE