+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about passport application form

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
There are some parts in passport application that don’t apply to me, can I leave them blank or should I write “N/A”? I remember in citizenship application if we didn’t write “N/A” there was a chance of application being rejected, what should I do? My second question is about the section 7-B, the occupation part, for the period I was unemployed, should I put my address and phone number or put “N/A” there as well? And my last question is about the section 3, “Previous Canadian Travel Document” part, it asks if any travel document issued to me, I didn’t have any Canadian passport before of course but it also says if any “certificate of identity” been issued. What does that even mean??? I mean all ppl with PR got PR card issued before, I guess they are asking for something else, but it’s not very clear. I should say no to that one right? Thanks!

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
There are some parts in passport application that don’t apply to me, can I leave them blank or should I write “N/A”? I remember in citizenship application if we didn’t write “N/A” there was a chance of application being rejected, what should I do? My second question is about the section 7-B, the occupation part, for the period I was unemployed, should I put my address and phone number or put “N/A” there as well? And my last question is about the section 3, “Previous Canadian Travel Document” part, it asks if any travel document issued to me, I didn’t have any Canadian passport before of course but it also says if any “certificate of identity” been issued. What does that even mean??? I mean all ppl with PR got PR card issued before, I guess they are asking for something else, but it’s not very clear. I should say no to that one right? Thanks!
I don't have experience in this but I also started filling out the application. I can answer only for #3: if you only had PR and if you have not been in possession of Canadian passport in the past or refugee travel document (given for travel) etc. then the answer should be no.

Reactions: Strawberry91

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
I don't have experience in this but I also started filling out the application. I can answer only for #3: if you only had PR and if you have not been in possession of Canadian passport in the past or refugee travel document (given for travel) etc. then the answer should be no.
Hey thank you so much for your answer! Yeah I thought about the same but it’s good to have some confirmation. My appointment is at February 14th and I’m flying on the 16th so I don’t have the luxury to make any mistake:/

Reactions: funloving

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Also do you know if only driving license is enough proof of identity? There are two lines and I don’t know if I have another identity document as proof. And the document number for the driving license is at the front top part right? Thanks!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hey thank you so much for your answer! Yeah I thought about the same but it’s good to have some confirmation. My appointment is at February 14th and I’m flying on the 16th so I don’t have the luxury to make any mistake:/
I am not sure if you will get the passport in 1 day. Have you considered the possibility of not getting the passport on time?

asterixfanboy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2021
Having applied for my kids passport here - let me assure you that if you have filled anything incorrectly, the passport office team will help you sort this out then and there during your appointment - when you work with them you will realize how easy and smooth that process is.

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Having applied for my kids passport here - let me assure you that if you have filled anything incorrectly, the passport office team will help you sort this out then and there during your appointment - when you work with them you will realize how easy and smooth that process is.
This calmed me down thank you so much for the message!

Reactions: funloving

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Also do you know if only driving license is enough proof of identity? There are two lines and I don’t know if I have another identity document as proof. And the document number for the driving license is at the front top part right? Thanks!
DL should be fine. Are you in BC? I am in Vancouver the DL # is top right corner of the card.

Reactions: Strawberry91

indigonation5

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
My second question is about the section 7-B, the occupation part, for the period I was unemployed, should I put my address and phone number or put “N/A” there as well?
hey @Strawberry91 - did you find the answer for this bit? Are you putting in N/A for the unemployed period or putting your home and phone details?
if not, i am sure you will help to update after your Feb 14 appointment :)

All the best!

mogly

Star Member
May 10, 2012
vancouver
Doc's Request.
24-03-2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport/identity-documents.html
  • Canadian passport
  • driver’s licence issued by a province or territory, or the equivalent abroad
  • health card issued by a province or territory, or the equivalent abroad
  • Certificate of Indian Status
  • military ID
  • foreign passport
  • non-driver’s licence issued by a province or territory, or the equivalent abroad
  • ID card issued by the federal government, or a provincial or territorial government, or the equivalent abroad
  • employee identification issued by the federal government, or a provincial or territorial government, or the equivalent abroad

One Identity doc is enough

2. Gather all necessary documents and get your passport photo
Include the following documents with your application form:

• proof of Canadian citizenship (original only)
  • a document to support your identity
  • any valid Canadian passport or travel document (refugee travel document or certificate of identity) issued in your current name or any other name of yours
    • This is so we can cancel it. You can’t travel with a cancelled passport or travel document.
Hope this helps.