+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about organization of files.

Captainjp

Jan 13, 2014
Hello!

We are currently filling out our sponsorship application, and while we are pretty much done, we don't quite know how we should put our files together
in the package.

Do we put our proof of relationship in an envelope and staple it to the questionare, do we just include the photos inside no envelope?

How should we organize it and should we label everything?

Is it ok to staple things to our applications?

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
They say "NO staples". We simply organized the application into 3 "labelled" sub-envelopes, sponsor stuff, applicant stuff, and proof of relationship stuff. For sure someone will refer you to another popular thread on this topic, which is more or less a 10-page essay on what I've just described. We also labelled the photos by writing on the back.

CutiePie92

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-07-2014
File Transfer...
07-08-2014
Med's Done....
30-04-2014; remed 24-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2015; 02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2015
LANDED..........
24-07-2015 soon 8)
Captainjp here you go:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t92449.0.html

nezya

May 16, 2010
Captainjp said:
Hello!

We are currently filling out our sponsorship application, and while we are pretty much done, we don't quite know how we should put our files together
in the package.

Do we put our proof of relationship in an envelope and staple it to the questionare, do we just include the photos inside no envelope?

How should we organize it and should we label everything?

Is it ok to staple things to our applications?
I bought 3 - plastic like folders, 3 - brown envelopes and 1-expanded folder
for the sponsor - In a plastic folder (immigration forms chronological order, supporting documents like photocopy of passport, birth certificate, i include also his school credentials and others. In a brown envelope, I gathered all his bank statements, statement of account from his stocks.
for the principal applicant (Me) - In a plastic folder (immigration forms chronological order, supporting documents. In 1st- brown envelope, I labeled it (Proof of Relationship to the Sponsor A) it includes wedding invitation with our name on it, pictures together with label at the back, envelope of power bills with our address, cable bills, Christmas cards from family, receipts of our gifts to each other. In 2nd brown envelope (Proof of Relationship to Sponsor B), it includes lease of the apartment contract, letter from friends, and sister in law (all notarized), statement of our joint account, insurances, car ownership both in our name, car registration both in our name.
for the dependent (My daughter) – In a plastic folder (all her documents)
put them all together in the expanded folder ready for mail.
I used staple if the pages is more than 1.
Very simple and straight. I landed last November from the Philippines in Vancouver. Good luck to your journey…
NOTE: Print the labels in a bond paper and paste it in front of the brown envelopes and also the address in the back of the expanded envelope.

M

mikeymyke

For me, I did it differently, I had so many relationship proofs, I was forced to use 4 separate envelopes for just the relationship evidence. One envelope was communication evidence which has hundreds of pages of chat logs, stack was like almost 1.5 inches thick. Next envelope was gifts sent to each other. I made 80 x (11x17) photocopies of all the envelopes, love letters, drawings, photos, that we mailed each other. Next envelope were receipts for wedding related stuff like decorations, invoices for restaurant, studio, etc. Also in that envelope were miscellaneous proofs like support letters, travel tickets, etc. Last envelope was just strictly photos.

I kind of regret I wish I had somehow bundled all of those 4 envelopes together in a single large rubber band or something, because I'm seeing more stories of CIC losing documents, and because I have 4 separate envelopes, it just increases the chances of them losing one of them. Instead, I just had 4 separate envelopes (plus 2 additional envelopes containing sponsor and spouse application forms separately), and just put them all in a box.

sanda

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-2013
AOR Received.
09-May-2013
LANDED..........
15-March-2014
It's funny to know everyone has different way.

I organized my application in a couple envelops:
- Sponsor forms
- Applicant forms (and additional sheets)
- Proof of relationship - details of cohabitation (*We are common-law and have not-straightforward story)
- Proof of relationship - details of social aspects (*This includes photos, emails, travel records, joint membership, and letters from friends)
- Proof of relationship - details of financial aspects (*This includes tax return declaration forms, insurance paper, and an additional sheet to explain how to manage money not having joint bank account)

I didn't use staple, did use paper clips.