+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about OINP job offer stream international student with job offer.

ruandro

Jan 19, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Hello everyone,

I was an international student graduated Apr.2017 and been working since graduated.
I have two main questions, any helps would be great thanks!:)

First one:
Should I apply through CEC or OINP job offer stream? Which way is faster?

My situation:
After graduation, I worked as contactor but full time. So if I keep working until this Sep I think I will be able to apply through CEC, but my co-worker told me if I got the full time contract I should apply through the OINP job offer stream. The company I'm working at is defiantly meet the requirement(outside GTA but has more than 300 employees and over $2M gross revenue).

Second questions:
Which NOC code should I apply under? My job title is Quality Assurance in a bakery and I graduated from Chemical Engineering. Please see below for my job description.

I'm thinking about applying under 2211 Chemical technologists and technicians?

Purpose:

To ensure all foods are produced safely meeting all Food Safety & Quality Assurance internal and customer specifications. Ensure compliance with all applicable GMP requirements.

Reports to:
QA Supervisor

Key Responsibilities:
  • Conduct raw material assessment and analysis to ensure it conforms to the specification
  • Evaluate finished goods in process to ensure they meet or exceed customer specifications
  • Addressing all QA/QC issues arising during shift
  • Inventory and review all production documents for completeness and accuracy, report issues to QA Supervisor
  • Identify and isolate non-conforming product for hold status.
  • Develop solutions with production team to ensure resolution of out-of-spec product
  • Communicating quality and compliance issues to operators and supervisors
  • Identify and respond to quality issues regarding out-of-specification raw materials, frozen and finished products, foreign materials and contamination incidents
  • Verification of Production process controls and checks
  • Record and initiate/document corrective actions for all foreign material issues
  • Ensuring the effective adherence and monitoring of HACCP critical control points through verification and subsequent reporting of any CCP deviations to Food Safety/HACCP Coordinator
  • Inspection and verification of cleaning processes including equipment CIPs and microbiological sampling/swabbing
  • Participate in multi-disciplinary GMP audits of the facility
  • Other duties as assigned

Thanks for anyone who read all of this and try to help me! :)))

E2017

Jul 5, 2017
It all depends on what your CRS score is by Sept if you wish to apply under CEC in express entry. If you think your score will be high enough in order to get an invitation, go for it. Another option, if you have a minimum of 400 pts in express entry and a Canadian graduate degree or higher etc. You will receive a Notification of Interest which will give you additional 600 pts. As soon as you get an invitation to apply, its 6 months processing time.

Since you mentioned that you graduated in 2017, you are eligible to apply under the *Employer Job offer - International Students* stream.
It takes 30-60 days to be successfully nominated by Province of Ontario (if the company meets their requirements) and they will allow you to apply for permanent resident through paper based application . it takes 18 months processing time.

Iambelle

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
It all depends on what your CRS score is by Sept if you wish to apply under CEC in express entry. If you think your score will be high enough in order to get an invitation, go for it. Another option, if you have a minimum of 400 pts in express entry and a Canadian graduate degree or higher etc. You will receive a Notification of Interest which will give you additional 600 pts. As soon as you get an invitation to apply, its 6 months processing time.

Since you mentioned that you graduated in 2017, you are eligible to apply under the *Employer Job offer - International Students* stream.
It takes 30-60 days to be successfully nominated by Province of Ontario (if the company meets their requirements) and they will allow you to apply for permanent resident through paper based application . it takes 18 months processing time.
so OINP is a long process?

kushdewan

Jun 4, 2018
If we receive an invitation and get 600 CRS points. Can't we just apply through EE which is faster than the paper based application? Please advise

Thank-you