+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Misrepresentation on IEC form

mastermullen

Feb 21, 2018
Hi, I only have 3 days left to submit my application so please could somebody help me with this.

I am applying for the IEC. As a 14 year old I was taken in by the police for possession of a small amount of marijuana - at the time I did not remember this as an official arrest or reprimand. Last year I obtained an ETA and declared on the form for the ETA that I had never been arrested or cautioned.

After getting my Police Certificate for the IEC form I have realized it says 'No live Trace' and after speaking to the authorities I have worked out that I most likely was arrested at the time and given a formal reprimand that has stayed on my record. My Subject Access data is on its way now so i will know for sure.

I have explained all this thoroughly in my Letter of Explanation attached to my IEC application. However I am worried that I will be accused of misrepresentation (it says if i misrepresented myself without realizing that I am doing so it should still lead to the rejection of my application) and that could result in rejection or even a future ban from the country. I am extremely worried about this as my girlfriend lives over there and this is a big deal for us.

The event occurred when I was a child and I never gave it much thought after, and I simply misremembered it. I am being honest and open as I can in the application now. If I submit, does anyone have any idea if I may still be accepted? Or am I now doomed because of my previous ETA application? Do they always compare the two?

Please help.

Gosal

Jun 23, 2012
Hi, I only have 3 days left to submit my application so please could somebody help me with this.

I am applying for the IEC. As a 14 year old I was taken in by the police for possession of a small amount of marijuana - at the time I did not remember this as an official arrest or reprimand. Last year I obtained an ETA and declared on the form for the ETA that I had never been arrested or cautioned.

After getting my Police Certificate for the IEC form I have realized it says 'No live Trace' and after speaking to the authorities I have worked out that I most likely was arrested at the time and given a formal reprimand that has stayed on my record. My Subject Access data is on its way now so i will know for sure.

I have explained all this thoroughly in my Letter of Explanation attached to my IEC application. However I am worried that I will be accused of misrepresentation (it says if i misrepresented myself without realizing that I am doing so it should still lead to the rejection of my application) and that could result in rejection or even a future ban from the country. I am extremely worried about this as my girlfriend lives over there and this is a big deal for us.

The event occurred when I was a child and I never gave it much thought after, and I simply misremembered it. I am being honest and open as I can in the application now. If I submit, does anyone have any idea if I may still be accepted? Or am I now doomed because of my previous ETA application? Do they always compare the two?

Please help.
Hi
I’m in a similar situation. How did the process go for you?