+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about military experience and government positions

howardsky

Dec 24, 2015
Hi Senior,

I am confused about the last question in the Personal Activities section;

Have you listed all of [Applicant]'s periods of military service or government positions (if any), and all of the organizations that [Applicant] belongs to (if any)?

Should we put "NO" or "Not Applicable" if we have neither military experience nor government positions?

Many Thanks,

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I too am confused about this position when I started filling out the form yesterday night. The only organizations which I pay membership Fees to are:

1) Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand
2) CPA Ontario

These are to maintain my professional accounting designations.

I don't 'belong' to any other organizations as such. I don't know if this is correct though.

Mark B

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-12-2015
Interview........
01/03/2016
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
howardsky said:
Hi Senior,

I am confused about the last question in the Personal Activities section;

Have you listed all of [Applicant]'s periods of military service or government positions (if any), and all of the organizations that [Applicant] belongs to (if any)?

Should we put "NO" or "Not Applicable" if we have neither military experience nor government positions?

Many Thanks,
I would select yes or N/A. you don't want to write no.

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
I did not hold any military or government position but working in a Private company.

So is this question for all the organization or specifically "military or government".

I was thinking to put YES.

anamika78

Apr 26, 2020
I too am confused about this position when I started filling out the form yesterday night. The only organizations which I pay membership Fees to are:

1) Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand
2) CPA Ontario

These are to maintain my professional accounting designations.

I don't 'belong' to any other organizations as such. I don't know if this is correct though.

hey did you select yes, no or NAP?

ansh1007

Sep 3, 2020
hey did you select yes, no or NAP?
Hello,
i submitted my application in october 6th 2020 with "yes" selected in the above question and now recently saw this post where people are suggesting to put "NA" in it.

Did you find a correct response to it ? and if "yes' is wrong selection since i have not hold any positions in military, what can i do to rectify this issue ?

Thanks
Ansh

ansh1007

Sep 3, 2020
Yes, is obviously the correct choice

"Have you listed all of [Applicant]'s periods of military service or government positions (if any), and all of the organizations that [Applicant] belongs to (if any)?"

If there are any, have you listed them? Yes. The question doesn't ask if there are any.
Actually that was exactly my thought process when i selected "Yes" but i see lot of people debating that it should be NA instead of YES. That's what has confused me. since i already submitted application so i was wondering how to deal with this situation now.

Sep 8, 2020
Actually that was exactly my thought process when i selected "Yes" but i see lot of people debating that it should be NA instead of YES. That's what has confused me. since i already submitted application so i was wondering how to deal with this situation now.
Hi, I submitted my application in October 1st and I answered Yes to that question as well. I’ve never served in military or government. Did u file any supporting docs after AOR?

D

Deleted member 981115

Hi Everyone,

I submitted my CEC application 2 days ago and there was a question that asks:

“ have you listed all periods of military service or government positions (if any), and all off the organizations that’s belongs to (if any)?
I answered “YES” instead of N/A and submitted my application and also received AOR.

Please note that i have my personal history listed since I turned 18. I Never worked for Military and Neither I worked or held any government position.
My work experience 2 years in Canada.

Can you please suggest what is the correct answer and how can I rectify the error?
Will this error impact my process?

Thank you