+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about mentioning unrelated roommate in previous residence in a spouse sponsorship

lolo2022

Aug 2, 2022
i am very paranoid about this - I completely forgot to mention that my husband and I were subletting a room in a 2-bedroom apartment that we leased together when we first moved in together as a couple - this was in 2019. We had been dating for 10-ish months then. This unrelated roommate wasn’t on the lease, she left before we left the apartment. My husband and I shared a room and she took the other room. We now live together in a 1-bedroom since May 2021 and the forms for Spouse Sponsorship only asked the sponsor (my husband) to name who he lives with right now, and he named me since it’s just him and I in this new place. I am wondering if I should have mentioned the subletting roommate in my LOE? We did everything right, we even filed as common law for taxes as soon as we completed one year of cohabitation and we have been married for more than a year now. I applied for spouse sponsorship in May 2022.

There was no wrong intent, I just forgot about her completely because I thought it isn’t related to our relationship or application but I’m just very paranoid.
Please advise!