+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about medical exams

gatherroses

Sep 14, 2011
Hi! I'm posting this on behalf of my partner (who applied for PR in October in CIC).

She has a few mild medical problems (allergies, an injured leg from a chiropractor, and is on an anti-depressant). How easy is it to fail the medical (notably with respects to mental health concerns)? I saw the forms with the questions that the doctors have to ask about mental health, and she's technically on the anti-depressant for anxiety rather than depression. Is anxiety treated as a mood disorder/something that poses a problem? There's also a small chance she'll need her tonsils removed at some point in the future, but otherwise, everything is fine.

Does anybody know if she needs to be concerned about any of these things in the medical?
We have the option of putting an in-Canada common law sponsorship application through (where the requirements are different), but we obviously would love to avoid spending the $500 if needed/avoid the experience of filling out MORE paperwork. However, if there is a chance she'll get rejected on a medical basis, then we'll want to send it in.

Thanks, everyone!
Samantha

haritsharma

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI/INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 April,2013
AOR Received.
26 APRIL 2013
Med's Done....
2 MARCH 2013
Interview........
15 MARCH 2014
Passport Req..
12 JUNE 2013
VISA ISSUED...
VISA REFUSED11/04/2014
gatherroses said:
Hi! I'm posting this on behalf of my partner (who applied for PR in October in CIC).

She has a few mild medical problems (allergies, an injured leg from a chiropractor, and is on an anti-depressant). How easy is it to fail the medical (notably with respects to mental health concerns)? I saw the forms with the questions that the doctors have to ask about mental health, and she's technically on the anti-depressant for anxiety rather than depression. Is anxiety treated as a mood disorder/something that poses a problem? There's also a small chance she'll need her tonsils removed at some point in the future, but otherwise, everything is fine.

Does anybody know if she needs to be concerned about any of these things in the medical?
We have the option of putting an in-Canada common law sponsorship application through (where the requirements are different), but we obviously would love to avoid spending the $500 if needed/avoid the experience of filling out MORE paperwork. However, if there is a chance she'll get rejected on a medical basis, then we'll want to send it in.

Thanks, everyone!
Samantha
Hope for the best.

kaytea

Star Member
Jan 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014
LANDED..........
19-01-2014
immigration is mostly concerned with tuberculosis and syphillis or any other serious medical condition that affects public health and/or costs a lot for the health system. i think she'll be ok

andymro28

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021

Thanks, everyone!
Samantha
Did she fail?