+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question about marriage around the time ppr//// please help and wish you guys all the best

boboliang

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
HI I HAVE ONE CONCERN,
i will getting marry in June, and my concern is if my ppr letter come before or after this time ( my aor is 10th Dec 2016, ) i need to inform CIC my status change, ( i don't need to spouse my husband), but the marriage certificate will come around 3 weeks after my wedding takes place. the marriage commissioner said he will give me a receipt for the marriage on the wedding date, i think i will need to upload this document and copy of marriage licence and LOE to CIC. My concern is will CIC recognize my receipt for the marriage certificate and copy of the marriage license? WILL CIC hold my application before i get the official marriage certificate???
dont know what to do .... please help

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI I HAVE ONE CONCERN,
i will getting marry in June, and my concern is if my ppr letter come before or after this time ( my aor is 10th Dec 2016, ) i need to inform CIC my status change, ( i don't need to spouse my husband), but the marriage certificate will come around 3 weeks after my wedding takes place. the marriage commissioner said he will give me a receipt for the marriage on the wedding date, i think i will need to upload this document and copy of marriage licence and LOE to CIC. My concern is will CIC recognize my receipt for the marriage certificate and copy of the marriage license? WILL CIC hold my application before i get the official marriage certificate???
dont know what to do .... please help
Well your course of action is appropriate. Send CSE with the marriage receipt, copy of marriage license and let them know this once you have these docs. Even if they delay this it will be short, but you don't have any other choice.

g Luck

boboliang

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
Well your course of action is appropriate. Send CSE with the marriage receipt, copy of marriage license and let them know this once you have these docs. Even if they delay this it will be short, but you don't have any other choice.

g Luck
Thanks !!