+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question about marriage and work permit in Canada.

Lakshyanain

Mar 3, 2024
. I completed a one-year PGD in September 2023, but my study permit is still pending. Since October, I've enrolled in a private college to avoid any gap. I haven't applied for a work permit yet. Can I legally marry my girlfriend, who is a student enrolled in a two-year UGD? She completed her first year and now 3rd semester will start. Can I marry her now and then apply for a work permit, or should I apply for a work permit first and then marry her? Please advise me on the best course of action or recommend a lawyer experienced in handling such situations.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
. I completed a one-year PGD in September 2023, but my study permit is still pending. Since October, I've enrolled in a private college to avoid any gap. I haven't applied for a work permit yet. Can I legally marry my girlfriend, who is a student enrolled in a two-year UGD? She completed her first year and now 3rd semester will start. Can I marry her now and then apply for a work permit, or should I apply for a work permit first and then marry her? Please advise me on the best course of action or recommend a lawyer experienced in handling such situations.
Unless you or your girlfriend are already married, you can LEGALLY marry each other. But, are you marrying your girlfriend just for the sake of getting a LEGAL status in Canada?

Lakshyanain

Mar 3, 2024
“I am currently a legal student, and my immigration status is secure. However, my girlfriend and I are planning to get married either today or in the near future. Given this, I am reconsidering whether it makes sense to pay $18,000 for next year’s course. I am contemplating the option of marrying her and obtaining a work permit, but I find myself in a confusing situation and unsure of the best course of action.”

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
“I am currently a legal student, and my immigration status is secure. However, my girlfriend and I are planning to get married either today or in the near future. Given this, I am reconsidering whether it makes sense to pay $18,000 for next year’s course. I am contemplating the option of marrying her and obtaining a work permit, but I find myself in a confusing situation and unsure of the best course of action.”
You aren’t a legal student if you have not been approved for a study permit. It is very risky to study without obtained a study permit first because if denied your studying will not count towards PGWP or used as Canadian education. Did you apply for a study permit before starting your studies? It is very strange that you have had no response in over 1 year. Have you ordered GCMS notes to see what is happening with your file?

Lakshyanain

Mar 3, 2024
yes brother i have valide study permit. I completed a one-year PGD in September 2023, but my study permit is still pending. Since October, I've enrolled in a private college to avoid any gap. I haven't applied for a work permit yet. Can I legally marry my girlfriend, who is a student enrolled in a two-year UGD? She completed her first year and now 3rd semester will start. Can I marry her now and then apply for a work permit, or should I apply for a work permit first and then marry her? Please advise me on the best course of action or recommend a lawyer experienced in handling such situations.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yes brother i have valide study permit. I completed a one-year PGD in September 2023, but my study permit is still pending. Since October, I've enrolled in a private college to avoid any gap. I haven't applied for a work permit yet. Can I legally marry my girlfriend, who is a student enrolled in a two-year UGD? She completed her first year and now 3rd semester will start. Can I marry her now and then apply for a work permit, or should I apply for a work permit first and then marry her? Please advise me on the best course of action or recommend a lawyer experienced in handling such situations.
When was your study permit approved and when did it expire? When did you apply to extend your study permit? When did the one year program end? Have you actually started studying at the private college? When was your LOA start date?

Lakshyanain

Mar 3, 2024
i got my study permit on 7th of September 2022 and its valid up to September 2024. i completed one year course in sep 2023 now enrolled in private college but that dli approved.