+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about LOA!

thepanister

Aug 13, 2011

Hi Guys..

I 'd like to know something about the LOA..
If the university sends it to me via email.. would the embassy accept it, or it must be a paper mailed through the regular mail?

Waiting for your answer and thanks in advance.

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
CHC will need the Original LOA that would be mailed to you by your university.

gaggy

Jun 8, 2011
Amritsar
Visa Office......
New Delhi
It will work if they send it 2 u via- email.....
Embassy will need only photocopy of ur offer letter...as original is not required

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thepanister said:

Hi Guys..

If the university sends it to me via email.. would the embassy accept it, or it must be a paper mailed through the regular mail?

Not only you must have original LOA, but it must be on a prescribed format as approved by the CIC Canada.

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
thepanister said:

Hi Guys..

It's the university's policy. Most universities send it via airmail. But my LOA from McMaster University was emailed to me, which required printing.

saini2004

Aug 23, 2011
thepanister said:

Hi Guys..

don't worry buddy...they will definitely accept it

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RIDZ said:
It's the university's policy. Most universities send it via airmail. But my LOA from McMaster University was emailed to me, which required printing.
thanks for sharing a "new fact". I wasn't aware of the same.

Sarmad.abbasi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Dear all,

A question from all of you. I applied for stouffville college for ACCA and i received the LOA via email and they have also sent me through courier but I have still not received it.

Can I file my case with the LOA that i have received it via email or should I wait till i receive the hard copy sent through courier?

Thanks

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
Sarmad.abbasi said:
Dear all,

A question from all of you. I applied for stouffville college for ACCA and i received the LOA via email and they have also sent me through courier but I have still not received it.

Can I file my case with the LOA that i have received it via email or should I wait till i receive the hard copy sent through courier?

Thanks

You need the original. Wait for it. I don't know about the people talking about emailed LOA. but CHC Islamabad requires the Original LOA

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
enfield said:
thanks for sharing a "new fact". I wasn't aware of the same.
You're welcome einfield.

Sarmad.abbasi said:
Dear all,

Thanks
Since your LOA is on its way via courier, I suggest you wait for it. Sometimes universities send an "unofficial" LOA only for the students record while the official is on its way via airmail.

5hr3wd said:
You need the original. Wait for it. I don't know about the people talking about emailed LOA. but CHC Islamabad requires the Original LOA
To clear this confusion, I called McMaster's Admissions Officer and asked her about certain issues I had earlier (including the LOA's case). She said that McMaster does not issue hard copies and I had to submit a printed copy at the Embassy. So institutions that do not issue hard copies require applicants to submit soft copies at the Embassy. I even know a friend who made it there :)