+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question about Letter of Employment

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello There,

I just realized that on the letter of Employment i got didnt mention the minimum qualification for the position. Should I attach a copy of my resume to prove that I have met the hiring requirement for the NOC position?

The reason why I asked, is because when I sent an email to NOC Team, they asked for Hiring Requirements (Education, Credentials, and Experience) in order to better help identify the right NOC. So I am just wondering if it's necessary at all to attach a resume with the Letter of Employment

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
wenfeizh said:
Hello There,

I just realized that on the letter of Employment i got didnt mention the minimum qualification for the position. Should I attach a copy of my resume to prove that I have met the hiring requirement for the NOC position?

The reason why I asked, is because when I sent an email to NOC Team, they asked for Hiring Requirements (Education, Credentials, and Experience) in order to better help identify the right NOC. So I am just wondering if it's necessary at all to attach a resume with the Letter of Employment
If the reference letter has all the other required information, then you are good to go. No need to submit a Letter of Explanation for educational requirements for the position. In case they want to, CIC will refer to your ECA and educational documents that you will be anyway submitting.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
If the reference letter has all the other required information, then you are good to go. No need to submit a Letter of Explanation for educational requirements for the position. In case they want to, CIC will refer to your ECA and educational documents that you will be anyway submitting.
The thing is, the educational requirement for the position doesnt quite match with my degree. But it's either a certificate or pervious clerical experience.

I satisfy the clerical experience part. But it's not shown in my education. But i guess if they really want to find out they can find it in my personal history regarding the previous clerical experience?

I guess IRCC doesnt ask for hiring requirements to be listed on the Letter of Employment so I shouldnt worry too much over nothing...

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
wenfeizh said:
The thing is, the educational requirement for the position doesnt quite match with my degree. But it's either a certificate or pervious clerical experience.

I satisfy the clerical experience part. But it's not shown in my education. But i guess if they really want to find out they can find it in my personal history regarding the previous clerical experience?

I guess IRCC doesnt ask for hiring requirements to be listed on the Letter of Employment so I shouldnt worry too much over nothing...
In Express Entry, education and NOC are independent of each other unless it is a regulated profession. If IRCC is going to make NOC and education to be dependent, many people will not qualify.

No, IRCC does not ask for hiring requirements to be mentioned in the reference letter. There are already some threads related to this topic, you can go through them.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
In Express Entry, education and NOC are independent of each other unless it is a regulated profession. If IRCC is going to make NOC and education to be dependent, many people will not qualify.

No, IRCC does not ask for hiring requirements to be mentioned in the reference letter. There are already some threads related to this topic, you can go through them.
Thank you Stanlee