+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Initial Assessment Letter from Buffalo

logitechcam

Feb 22, 2011
Hi there,

I have a question about th IA letter, and hoping someone to give me an answer. My question is, should every one get this IA letter, if not, is it good or bad of getting the IA letter. Also, normally, how long does it take to get PPR after getting initial assessment..

Please let me know if you have any information about it.

Thanks,

Log

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Typically, there is no IA stage for a PNP applicant (don't know about the applicant from outside Canada). Once you apply to CIC-Buffalo, you wait approximately 7 months to receive your AOR and MED REQ together. You also get to see "file received" or "file no." in e-cas around that time. And that's all in general.

logitechcam

Feb 22, 2011
Thanks for your reply,

But i got this letter after i got my AOR med REQ, even 4 weeks after i got my MED REQ done. I saw some post said that people get AOR and Med REQ after IA, it is totally different than my case...

Rossei said:
Typically, there is no IA stage for a PNP applicant (don't know about the applicant from outside Canada). Once you apply to CIC-Buffalo, you wait approximately 7 months to receive your AOR and MED REQ together. You also get to see "file received" or "file no." in e-cas around that time. And that's all in general.

cesagbiggeo

Apr 1, 2011
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2010
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
Med's Request
16-03-2011
Med's Done....
22-03-2011
I got the same notifiaction from Buffalo today (initial assessment done). That's a Good news and It mean that they can request your Passport anytime :p
peace

ivan1007

Dec 21, 2010
I would say it's a good thing .I read somewhere that after IA usually takes 2-2,5 months before you get our ppr.

casnow

Aug 8, 2011
Too fast too without leaving traces of the. Long need someone to lead them, together. Not only to simply resist the coming, but to deal with the former students Krasus and confusion caused by time. He also mistakenly understand the Black Dragon, of course, Saario resistant protector of human

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cesagbiggeo said:
I got the same notifiaction from Buffalo today (initial assessment done). That's a Good news and It mean that they can request your Passport anytime :p
peace
Hi,
Have you landed? Could you please share your timeline after the IA?
Thanks,