+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Indian Embassy PCC and Medical form ?

reddevil666

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Hello everyone

This community has been very helpful and full of people having great knowledge about the Express Entry process.

I am in process of getting my documents ready for ITA. I have questions about Police clearance certificate from Indian Consulate in San Francisco

1. In the form, there is a line: Police Clearance certificate for ________________(Country) -> Which country shall I fill here ? India or Canada ?See attached pic for reference

2. What is the photo size which needs to be attached to the application form to be sent to Indian Consulate in San Francisco ? See attached pic for reference. The measurement of that box is 35 mm by 35 mm

3. How long is the process ? I will be sending it ASAP

4. I have already sent my FBI Background check in June. Is there a way to check the progress on that ? It takes 3 months which will just be a cut off date for submission of final docs.

5. For medical check, where do I get form : Medical Report form (IMM 1017E) ? Will the approved physician provide it ? Link on CIC website mentions that i need to take it by myself.

Help would be really appreciated.

Ruchitk

Dec 20, 2017
I have a the same question. Can someone please assist ? I would like to believe the answer must be India because for US we anyways have to get certificate from FBI..

Last edited:

capri_sanjeev

Jul 19, 2017
I have a the same question. Can someone please assist ? I would like to believe the answer must be India because for US we anyways have to get certificate from FBI..
I did fill in India, but officer at Counsulate General, she changed that to CANADA. For the photo thats need to be pasted in the application form I used 2*2 size, officer casually said that any size is ok. Let me know if this helps or if you have any other question.

Ruchitk

Dec 20, 2017
I did fill in India, but officer at Counsulate General, she changed that to CANADA. For the photo thats need to be pasted in the application form I used 2*2 size, officer casually said that any size is ok. Let me know if this helps or if you have any other question.
Thanks a lot for responding.. Really appreciate.

So basically the country means for which Country's immigration you need the PCC .. So if we immigrating to Canada we put Canada.. If we immigrating to XYZ country we put XYZ .

One more question. My understanding is that the PCC is needed for all the time we spent in India since age of 16. Does the PCC have any dates on it ? Does it explicitly mention that it is for our stay in India ?

My point is is there anything special we need to mention in the form that would enable consulate to issue PCC that complies with Canadian requirements ? I read another thread where the Indian consulate in Oslo Norway just issued PCC for stay in Norway which was just one month :)

Do we need the ITA for it or can we get it issued before ITA ...Also what is the rough processing time for getting the PCC if Passport was issued outside USA ?

capri_sanjeev

Jul 19, 2017
Thanks a lot for responding.. Really appreciate.

So basically the country means for which Country's immigration you need the PCC .. So if we immigrating to Canada we put Canada.. If we immigrating to XYZ country we put XYZ .

One more question. My understanding is that the PCC is needed for all the time we spent in India since age of 16. Does the PCC have any dates on it ? Does it explicitly mention that it is for our stay in India ?

My point is is there anything special we need to mention in the form that would enable consulate to issue PCC that complies with Canadian requirements ? I read another thread where the Indian consulate in Oslo Norway just issued PCC for stay in Norway which was just one month :)

Do we need the ITA for it or can we get it issued before ITA ...Also what is the rough processing time for getting the PCC if Passport was issued outside USA ?
Yes for Canada Immigration, need to fill in CANADA
It says there is no Adverse Information for this person with Passport# for his stay in India that should affect his immigration for Canada. No dates, its a kind of generic one, issuance date will be there though.

Goodmankevin

Star Member
Jun 29, 2018
Can anyone please tell me about the medical form and where we can get it ?

My doctor didn’t give it to me and said he is uploading the record in Canada site using emedical