+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about in-land OWP application after the fact

negarmh

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
Hi everyone,

An in-land OWP application question:

I am just applying for OWP (didn't do it while I applied for PR, as I am still on a valid post-graduate work permit). I looked online and I found out this package that I have to fill in, and post by mail.

My question is that nowhere in this package it gives me an option to say I am applying for a OWP through Spousal Sponsorship program. In fact, form 5710e is forcing me to say who my future employer would be. My job contract ends at the end of my current work permit, and I really am not sure for which employee I will end up working. Also in the same form, there is a question 3, that wants me to choose if I am going to work for the same employer or for a new one. I just don't know.

For the supporting documents, should I send proof of our marriage? I don't have a job offer yet.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Addus

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Inland
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Request
24-09-2018
Med's Done....
25-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-04-2019
Yeh. It’s a bit confusing.

There is a checkbox which says you are applying for an open work permit, be sure to check that.

Check new employer on the bit that asks new/old.

You can put NA or similar in the employer info bit.

Attach some proof of your pr app. (Payment receipt and a letter with your app number is sufficient).

The OWP for inland is a pilot project so the forms aren’t really set up properly for it.

negarmh

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
Yeh. It’s a bit confusing.

There is a checkbox which says you are applying for an open work permit, be sure to check that.

Check new employer on the bit that asks new/old.

You can put NA or similar in the employer info bit.

Attach some proof of your pr app. (Payment receipt and a letter with your app number is sufficient).

The OWP for inland is a pilot project so the forms aren’t really set up properly for it.
Great. Thanks for your kind response.

funboy101

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Great. Thanks for your kind response.
I'd be sure to send a letter of explanation with your application number. My wife did the same thing and this is what IRCC advised when I phoned them - note you need to send the OWP application to Edmonton, not Mississauga. The actual address is on the CIC website, the one that includes Station 777.

Reactions: negarmh