+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about IMM5409 form and documents as proof of common-law

frla

Mar 6, 2023
For our PR application, under the form IMM5409, I marked "Yes" on section d, "Have declared our common-law union under the Canadian Income Tax Act. (T-1 General - Individual Income Tax Return).

Do I need to attach proof of both of us submitting our tax returns as common-law? Like our actual tax return forms (19 pages each)?

Is it safe to attach those documents? Given that they have both our SIN.

We have a bunch of other documents attached as proofs as well, like co-signed lease agreement, life insurance, ICBC car insurance, driver's license with same address, etc.

I'm just concerned about the tax return forms, and if I'm required to attach them.

Thanks!

aneelkanth

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Toronto
For our PR application, under the form IMM5409, I marked "Yes" on section d, "Have declared our common-law union under the Canadian Income Tax Act. (T-1 General - Individual Income Tax Return).

Do I need to attach proof of both of us submitting our tax returns as common-law? Like our actual tax return forms (19 pages each)?

Is it safe to attach those documents? Given that they have both our SIN.

We have a bunch of other documents attached as proofs as well, like co-signed lease agreement, life insurance, ICBC car insurance, driver's license with same address, etc.

I'm just concerned about the tax return forms, and if I'm required to attach them.

Thanks!
You could attach both of your NOA showing same address.