+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Gift Deeds

acillanki

Feb 4, 2019
Hello everyone!

I just got my ITA a few days back and I plan to show my Proof of Funds in the form of a Fixed Deposit.

Since this FD will be less than 6 months old, I will need to provide the source of funds and that's where I'm planning to show a Gift Deed from my girlfriend's father.

Would this be accepted or are Gift Deeds only accepted when they are from parents?

Any response would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you :)

Breeze00

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2018
Hello everyone!

I just got my ITA a few days back and I plan to show my Proof of Funds in the form of a Fixed Deposit.

Since this FD will be less than 6 months old, I will need to provide the source of funds and that's where I'm planning to show a Gift Deed from my girlfriend's father.

Would this be accepted or are Gift Deeds only accepted when they are from parents?

Any response would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you :)
It is advisable that gift feeds should be from close relatives like parents or siblings accounts. How the money get into their account is however not anyone's business. But make sure you support your statement with a letter of explanation stating that the money is a gift and you won't refund it. All the best