File Transfer...
24-03-2014
Med's Done....
15-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26th-08-2014
it says that a canadian citizen or permanent resident, or someone residing in canada only can fill it out.. both of us are outside Canada, so we need to fill the consent form for someone in canada to get the information for us.. so on IMM 5744, the consent for an access to information and personal information request, the sponsor fills out section A and F, with the principal applicant filling out section B and E, right? or is it the other way around, because on the CIC website, it says only a citizen or PR or someone inside canada can get the information, and currently, our PR applicant is none of those.

this question also applies to when we fill out the information on the website to get this request, is the sponsor requesting on behalf of the principal applicant, or is the principal applicant requesting this information?

we are just unsure of whose information to fill in..

thanks.

ABCml

Jan 27, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
24-Feb-2014, SponsorshipApproved 01-Apr-2014
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Officially rec'd Beijing 24-May-2014
Med's Done....
29-Dec-2013 "Medical Results rec'd" 01-Apr-2014
Interview........
15-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
at interview
VISA ISSUED...
16-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2014
kokonatsu said:
it says that a canadian citizen or permanent resident, or someone residing in canada only can fill it out.. both of us are outside Canada, so we need to fill the consent form for someone in canada to get the information for us.. so on IMM 5744, the consent for an access to information and personal information request, the sponsor fills out section A and F, with the principal applicant filling out section B and E, right? or is it the other way around, because on the CIC website, it says only a citizen or PR or someone inside canada can get the information, and currently, our PR applicant is none of those.

this question also applies to when we fill out the information on the website to get this request, is the sponsor requesting on behalf of the principal applicant, or is the principal applicant requesting this information?

we are just unsure of whose information to fill in..

thanks.
I take that you are a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident... - only if you get an individual, or corporation (ie, attorney or consultant) making the request for you, then they are required to reside in Canada. It is my understanding that you (the sponsor) can request the information (for the principal applicant) from anywhere as long as you are a Citizen or permanent resident.

Yes, A and F - you the sponsor, B and E - spouse (the principal applicant)

Yes, the sponsor is requesting the information on behalf of the spouse (the principal applicant)

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
ABCml said:
I take that you are a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident... - only if you get an individual, or corporation (ie, attorney or consultant) making the request for you, then they are required to reside in Canada. It is my understanding that you (the sponsor) can request the information (for the principal applicant) from anywhere as long as you are a Citizen or permanent resident.

Yes, A and F - you the sponsor, B and E - spouse (the principal applicant)

Yes, the sponsor is requesting the information on behalf of the spouse (the principal applicant)

Any idea how to fill in the new consent form? Which parts do I (the Sponsor) fill out and which parts does my wife (sponsored person) fill out?

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
JAMO1973 said:
Any idea how to fill in the new consent form? Which parts do I (the Sponsor) fill out and which parts does my wife (sponsored person) fill out?
Consent form is filled and signed by the person for whom the information is to be requested.
SECTION A
Name of you wife (sponsored person), her DOB, and she must sign it.

SECTION C
Your name (sponsor) and E-mail address.
Make sure to check one of the boxes Mail or Email

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
And in the actual cgms form what do I choose physical or electronic file and after what type of file?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
JAMO1973 said:
And in the actual cgms form what do I choose physical or electronic file and after what type of file?
i just provided an answer in the other thread you just asked this question in. please keep questions to 1 thread.