+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about fees

LCrawford

Sep 25, 2019
Hi all!

I submitted my application way back in May for spousal sponsorship, but it was returned to me due to "insufficient fees." To my knowledge, I paid all fees, as I did them online and checked all options that pertained to me. I wanted to take care of it all in one lump sum so I paid the right of permanent residence fee, work permit fee, and processing fee- a total of $1280 cad.

What am I missing? I've been unable to get in contact with a human from CIC's call center. Anything to shed light on this would be immensely helpful. Thank you!

LCrawford

Sep 25, 2019
So just to clarify assume you are applying for inland spouse sponsorship where base fee is 1040 (sponsorship fee 75, PA fee 475 and residence fee 490). How did you make up the 240 difference to get to 1280 ?
Thanks for the crazy quick reply!

Yes, it was an inland sponsorship. I also paid for an open work permit. It was quite a few months ago so I don't remember the specifics, but I do recall paying online and thought for sure I selected all fees that I needed.

My friend suggests that I may have forgotten the biometrics fee, which I didn't realize was required.

LCrawford

Sep 25, 2019
After checking the fees on the site and what I've paid, it still all adds up correctly- $1040 for the Permanent Residence stuff, $85 for the biometrics, and $155 for the open work permit. $1280 total, which I have paid and is shown on my receipt. I don't understand. Any idea what I might be missing?

EDIT: I'm planning on just forking over an extra $200 so whatever they think is unpaid is covered. I've been unable to get in contact with a human to figure out the correct amount, and I figure the extra, if any, can be refunded later. Has anyone done this?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
After checking the fees on the site and what I've paid, it still all adds up correctly- $1040 for the Permanent Residence stuff, $85 for the biometrics, and $155 for the open work permit. $1280 total, which I have paid and is shown on my receipt. I don't understand. Any idea what I might be missing?

EDIT: I'm planning on just forking over an extra $200 so whatever they think is unpaid is covered. I've been unable to get in contact with a human to figure out the correct amount, and I figure the extra, if any, can be refunded later. Has anyone done this?
Open work permit is $155 + $100.

For future reference, all of the discussions regarding spousal sponsorship are in the Family Sponsorship section of the forum. Recommend you post there in the future.

Reactions: LCrawford

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

As said above, you missed the $100 Open Work Permit Holder fee.

Do you still have valid status in Canada?

Reactions: LCrawford

LCrawford

Sep 25, 2019
Open work permit is $155 + $100.

For future reference, all of the discussions regarding spousal sponsorship are in the Family Sponsorship section of the forum. Recommend you post there in the future.
Oh, my apologies!

As said above, you missed the $100 Open Work Permit Holder fee.

Do you still have valid status in Canada?
Ahh, ok. I must have missed that. Thank you!

I applied and paid for an extension while I was still within my 6 months (back in Sep), but haven't received a response yet aside from a notice saying they received it. I'm including a screenshot with proof that I sent it, as well as the document number associated with the submission in my new sponsorship application.