+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Extended Family travel authorization

mugs60

Aug 26, 2016
My extended family member (bf) is travelling to Canada by land tomorrow to visit. He has all the required documentation and was given authorization by IRCC, but I'm still a bit fearful he'll be refused entry.

He will be quarantining with me for the full 14 days at my home and has my consent to do so. I live alone so only he and I will be there.

Has anyone's family member been refused entry despite having the ok from IRCC?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My extended family member (bf) is travelling to Canada by land tomorrow to visit. He has all the required documentation and was given authorization by IRCC, but I'm still a bit fearful he'll be refused entry.

He will be quarantining with me for the full 14 days at my home and has my consent to do so. I live alone so only he and I will be there.

Has anyone's family member been refused entry despite having the ok from IRCC?
Do you have a separate area for him to quarantine? Would you be in a higher risk group (60+) and do you have any health issues? There is always a risk of not being allowed to enter. Assume he has his negative PCR test.

Amrrox

Feb 10, 2021
Your cousin must download ArriveCAN app and fill it before he comes in also he needs to do pcr test and good luck.

mugs60

Aug 26, 2016
Update: He came in on Feb 13 and there were no issues. Just had to have a quick interview with CBSA inside their office at Fort Erie. We are following all the rules re quarantining etc. According to the authorization he's allowed to make multiple trips until July, but of course now all the extra testing etc is in place.

Reactions: Abi2021

Amrrox

Feb 10, 2021
Update: He came in on Feb 13 and there were no issues. Just had to have a quick interview with CBSA inside their office at Fort Erie. We are following all the rules re quarantining etc. According to the authorization he's allowed to make multiple trips until July, but of course now all the extra testing etc is in place.
Glad he came back safely. Could you please tell what kind of interview questions ? Thanks

Abi2021

Jan 15, 2021
Hi, could you pls provide some helpful tips. My sister is coming on Saturday to support me during my pregnancy as I am alone. She also has the authorization. Did your boyfriend choose “ none of the above” under “ purpose of travel on the ArriveCAN App?

thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, could you pls provide some helpful tips. My sister is coming on Saturday to support me during my pregnancy as I am alone. She also has the authorization. Did your boyfriend choose “ none of the above” under “ purpose of travel on the ArriveCAN App?

thank you.
Your sister will need to quarantine in a separate location like a basement, airbnb or hotel because you are pregnant.