+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Express Entry

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
My nephew is submitting his application and have few question.

1. He had applied for canadian immigration long time ago but it took many years and nothing happened so when conservative came into power (1st govt.) they had cancelled all applications and ask them to re-apply he did not. There is a question about if you ever applied when he choose "Yes" he must provide the UCI number but he said, he did not have it, all he has that file # which starts with "B". so when he put that file # its not valid and gives red error. How does he solve this problem?

2. He said, it shows countdown of how many days left to complete the application (online). Is there a limitation of number of days you would have to complete else you must re do it?

Thanks

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
1. Leave it blank and attach a letter of explanation?
2. Yes.
so if he said "Yes" to a question then leave the UCI field blank, can he proceed with the rest of the application or it can't be left blank if your answer is "Yes"? in that case i think he must choose "No" then attach a letter of explanation and I believe he can upload some sort of cover letter to explain.
Correct?

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
He said, if you choose "Yes" to question "Have you ever applied canadian immigration?" then UCI number must be entered else it won't go further and he tried to put xxxx or zeros but no avail. There is no upload option in the application form that he can upload a cover letter to explain that he applied but never received a UCI number only file number. I think he has to choose "No" and mail the letter or email them explaining the whole situation.
What do you think?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
He said, if you choose "Yes" to question "Have you ever applied canadian immigration?" then UCI number must be entered else it won't go further and he tried to put xxxx or zeros but no avail. There is no upload option in the application form that he can upload a cover letter to explain that he applied but never received a UCI number only file number. I think he has to choose "No" and mail the letter or email them explaining the whole situation.
What do you think?
if he applied before 2015 it wont be likely that he would have a UCI .. so he can answer no.

2. he has 60 days to complete and submit the Express Entry profile. Otherwise, he needs to start again.

Reactions: starzibal

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
if he applied before 2015 it wont be likely that he would have a UCI .. so he can answer no.

2. he has 60 days to complete and submit the Express Entry profile. Otherwise, he needs to start again.
yes he applied way before 2015, i think it was 2007. 1st conservative term.