+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Express Entry and Living outside of Quebec

jd8i

May 7, 2015
Canada
Category........
FAM
Hey everyone,

I am applying for Canadian permanent residency under the Canadian Experience Class (Express Entry). I already got the invitation to apply and am about to submit my application this week.

I have been living in Ontario since I came to Canada as an international student, and I intend to live in Ontario in the future. I am currently working as an Engineer in Ontario. However, I recently got a potential job offer from another company. This company is registered federally in Canada and provincially in Quebec. If I am employed by this company and still live in Ontario in a remote office, am I still eligible for CEC?

Please advise me on how the ‘intend to live outside Quebec’ rule works when a candidate is in the above situation. Thank you very much!

jd8i

May 7, 2015
Canada
Category........
FAM
In case anyone gets into the same situation, I just called CIC this morning, they told me it wouldn't have any issue if the candidate physically lives outside Quebec.

pras04

Jun 19, 2016
Hi, thank you for giving this answer. i would like to talk to a bit more on your case. Did you get your PR?

schi0301

Jul 23, 2019
In case anyone gets into the same situation, I just called CIC this morning, they told me it wouldn't have any issue if the candidate physically lives outside Quebec.

Hi
I like to know your results. are you still working remotely for Quebec a company and get your PR ?