+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about employment verification letter

alina0108

Sep 4, 2022
Hi friends!

I have 3 questions regarding the employment verification letter for CEC application, since I am resigning soon, this is kind of urgent.

1. the HR department for my company is located in New York, is it ok to leave their address, phone number and email?
P.s. the letter did indicate that I worked in the Toronto office

2. Do we need to include the NOC code in the letter?

3. my last day will be in 2 weeks, is it ok that the letter says “xxx will conclude on 9.30”? Or should I request another letter on my last day?

thank you very much! Any help would be much appreciated!!

D

Deleted member 1083629

Hi friends!

I have 3 questions regarding the employment verification letter for CEC application, since I am resigning soon, this is kind of urgent.

1. the HR department for my company is located in New York, is it ok to leave their address, phone number and email?
P.s. the letter did indicate that I worked in the Toronto office

2. Do we need to include the NOC code in the letter?

3. my last day will be in 2 weeks, is it ok that the letter says “xxx will conclude on 9.30”? Or should I request another letter on my last day?

thank you very much! Any help would be much appreciated!!
  1. It doesn't matter. If they are in NYC, then they are in NYC. If you really want to, write a short LoE explaining that. However, I don't see the problem here.
  2. Not required as per IRCC rules. My friend got a letter from FAANG company, and they included the NOC. I didn't include NOC code. Made no difference.
  3. You should request the letter on the very last day OR the day after you would leave the company. The bottom line is that it's supposed to cover your ENTIRE period at the company.

cheery27

Jan 1, 2024
Hi, I worked in a company in India at 2016 to 2018. It's startup company. They closed at 2020. But I have provided the Employment letter and paystub for the company to my PR application. is this a problem? If they search in google, it will show the company and address but it says its temporarily closed.