+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Education Credential Assessment

m4rk

Feb 28, 2024
Hi. I'd like to ask if I need to get an education credential assessment (ECA). I applied as a permanent resident (under family class sponsorship). I studied in the Philippines from elementary to upper secondary education levels. Upon my arrival in Canada, I'll study as a college student.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi. I'd like to ask if I need to get an education credential assessment (ECA). I applied as a permanent resident (under family class sponsorship). I studied in the Philippines from elementary to upper secondary education levels. Upon my arrival in Canada, I'll study as a college student.
The instructions and forms do not request you to submit them for family sponsorship, and you did not submit them, so no.

It may be useful for you to do so for purposes of college admission or for work, but entirely separate from for immigration as family sponsorship.

Reactions: m4rk and YVR123

m4rk

Feb 28, 2024
The instructions and forms do not request you to submit them for family sponsorship, and you did not submit them, so no.

It may be useful for you to do so for purposes of college admission or for work, but entirely separate from for immigration as family sponsorship.
So could I get admitted to college by just submitting the original education credentials I got from the Philippines?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Noted. Thanks for the response:)
To be clear, it may be a good idea to have what you asked about, but the answer can depend on province and the institution. So not really possible to give a blanket answer. There may be sub-forums on this board where it's useful to ask but: not a spousal/family sponsorship issue at all.

Reactions: m4rk