+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about difference between paper and online app

mranswers

Oct 25, 2020
Hi all,

I have nearly gathered all documents for the citizenship app and I am planning to apply online.

As per the checklist for the application, link here, it asks for 2 things which are a bit different than the online application.

1. Colour photocopy of all pages in your passport(s) or travel document(s) during your five (5) year eligibility period - in the online app as far as I can tell it only asks for the bio page. Should I be include the entire scan of the entire passport?

2. Online Physical Presence Calculation printout OR How to Calculate Physical Presence (CIT 0407) - the online application has an entire section dedicated to calculting this. Am I meant to also fill out the other Physical Presence calculation and attach it in the optional documents section?

Thanks in advance

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi all,

I have nearly gathered all documents for the citizenship app and I am planning to apply online.

As per the checklist for the application, link here, it asks for 2 things which are a bit different than the online application.

1. Colour photocopy of all pages in your passport(s) or travel document(s) during your five (5) year eligibility period - in the online app as far as I can tell it only asks for the bio page. Should I be include the entire scan of the entire passport?

2. Online Physical Presence Calculation printout OR How to Calculate Physical Presence (CIT 0407) - the online application has an entire section dedicated to calculting this. Am I meant to also fill out the other Physical Presence calculation and attach it in the optional documents section?

Thanks in advance
1. Colour photocopy of all pages in your passport(s) or travel document(s) during your five (5) year eligibility period - in the online app as far as I can tell it only asks for the bio page. Should I be include the entire scan of the entire passport? I have noticed that quite a few forum members who applied online have been requested(at a later date/stage of the processing) to provide complete color scan of the passports valid during eligibility period. So you if you can upload the complete set from the onset, you might not be asked to provide this at a later date

Wait for forum members who applied online to comment regarding your 2 query..