Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
Hi,
I submitted citizenship application for myself and my daughter (4 years old) , i sent the applications separately as address was different. some how my daughter application has been return with the message " The child application for Canadian citizenship was considered incomplete and was not processed. Photocopy of the parents proof of Canadian citizenship is applicable is missing"

As per my information , if parent is eligible for citizenship then their childrens are eligible as well. can some one please guide me what to do in the above situation as my application will take time to process and I don't have any proof for citizenship at the moment.

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
Hi,
I submitted citizenship application for myself and my daughter (4 years old) , i sent the applications separately as address was different. some how my daughter application has been return with the message " The child application for Canadian citizenship was considered incomplete and was not processed. Photocopy of the parents proof of Canadian citizenship is applicable is missing"

As per my information , if parent is eligible for citizenship then their childrens are eligible as well. can some one please guide me what to do in the above situation as my application will take time to process and I don't have any proof for citizenship at the moment.
Sounds like they think that you are applying for your daughter as a citizen already, instead as together as a family. Per the instructions for applying together as a family, "If more than one member of your family is applying for Canadian citizenship, even if they are using different types of citizenship application forms, send all of the applications together in the one envelope. The applications will be processed together. " Remember that they get a pile of documents delivered every day, and until you are assigned a personal Unique Client Identifier number, there is no way for them to keep track of your application or to match up your daughter's application with it. Once you get your UCI, you should re-submit your daughter's application with a letter of explanation saying that you originally intended to apply together as a family and include your UCI.

Reactions: vdevil786

tiktoklady

Jun 14, 2022
Thank all for all your help and service.
We are filling up citizenship application for my 11 years old alone under 5(1) category as my son alone eligible to apply where we both are not. We come across question related to tax as shown below and his stay is more than required and we both frequently travelled. we all are on PR .
Tell us when you filed your income taxes in the last five (5) years using the chart below

While me and my husbands filed tax since 3 years and my son was included in my tax.
Question is :
What should i select in the check box in the required and filed tax.
Meaning do 10 year old required to file tax for minor of 10 year.
while my son name is included in my tax filing since all taxes and we are on PR, will that mean i should select filed tax for my son since 4 years

please advice..

Thank you in advance

vdevil786

Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
Sounds like they think that you are applying for your daughter as a citizen already, instead as together as a family. Per the instructions for applying together as a family, "If more than one member of your family is applying for Canadian citizenship, even if they are using different types of citizenship application forms, send all of the applications together in the one envelope. The applications will be processed together. " Remember that they get a pile of documents delivered every day, and until you are assigned a personal Unique Client Identifier number, there is no way for them to keep track of your application or to match up your daughter's application with it. Once you get your UCI, you should re-submit your daughter's application with a letter of explanation saying that you originally intended to apply together as a family and include your UCI.
Thankyou, i will resubmit with explanation letter.

vdevil786

Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
Thank all for all your help and service.
We are filling up citizenship application for my 11 years old alone under 5(1) category as my son alone eligible to apply where we both are not. We come across question related to tax as shown below and his stay is more than required and we both frequently travelled. we all are on PR .
Tell us when you filed your income taxes in the last five (5) years using the chart below

While me and my husbands filed tax since 3 years and my son was included in my tax.
Question is :
What should i select in the check box in the required and filed tax.
Meaning do 10 year old required to file tax for minor of 10 year.
while my son name is included in my tax filing since all taxes and we are on PR, will that mean i should select filed tax for my son since 4 years

please advice..

Thank you in advance
I think there is an option not applicable .

Anish19a

Jul 25, 2022
Hi I read about your spousal secondary review in 2019. I am in similar situation- what do they do and how long does it take pls

farmoh786

Sep 14, 2022
Hi
Hi - I've a similar situation, the documents were returned back to me with same reason. In my case, I had submitted the application online for self and my spouse. Later I sent the minor's 5(2) application to IRCC via canada post. Please advise if I should just write the explanation letter and resubmit the same documents or do I use 5(1) application ? Thanks in advance.

E-A-M-E-A-M-E-A-M

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hi,

What happened with you? I hope all went well

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Hi

Hi - I've a similar situation, the documents were returned back to me with same reason. In my case, I had submitted the application online for self and my spouse. Later I sent the minor's 5(2) application to IRCC via canada post. Please advise if I should just write the explanation letter and resubmit the same documents or do I use 5(1) application ? Thanks in advance.
You need to use 5(1) application unless you're already a citizen. Which means you and your minor child need to apply by paper.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi

Minor's 5(2) application can only be used if they have at least one parent (includes legally adoptive parent) who is a Canadian citizen or who will become a citizen at the same time as you (applying together as a family).
In your case your application and wife's application applied online is considered a separate applications and are not linked to your minor's application in any ways...
Either one of you(parent) should have applied on paper along with the minor.

nlhugh

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
If your child can qualify for physical presence on her own. I'd suggest you apply for her on 5(1) herself. The 5(1) application for child is processed blazing fast. She would not have to wait for your/your wife's test and oath process. It took kid less than 3 month to get his citizenship cert, the whole processing took place at CPC Sydney only.

Osti79

Jan 9, 2022
Minor's 5(2) application can only be used if they have at least one parent (includes legally adoptive parent) who is a Canadian citizen or who will become a citizen at the same time as you (applying together as a family).
In your case your application and wife's application applied online is considered a separate applications and are not linked to your minor's application in any ways...
Hi!
I have a question please with minor application 5(2) we are applying as family but I was advised to submit my application alone due to my extensive travel as it may go to secondary review . My wife is applying with my kid as family ,am confused in the application it asks about both parents if they are applying together am referringto question 7(E) : will this parent be submitting their own application for Canadian citizenship together with this minor application , IF I SELECT No , I will be prompted to enter citizenship number ( they assume the parent is Canadian) . the question is confusing coz it says together with this Minor application.how do I get over this pls if one parent applying since it asks for both parents names and asks each parent if he /she applying at same time
many thanks

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi!
I have a question please with minor application 5(2) we are applying as family but I was advised to submit my application alone due to my extensive travel as it may go to secondary review . My wife is applying with my kid as family ,am confused in the application it asks about both parents if they are applying together am referringto question 7(E) : will this parent be submitting their own application for Canadian citizenship together with this minor application , IF I SELECT No , I will be prompted to enter citizenship number ( they assume the parent is Canadian) . the question is confusing coz it says together with this Minor application.how do I get over this pls if one parent applying since it asks for both parents names and asks each parent if he /she applying at same time
many thanks
Even during my application, I had an extensive travel history(extensive trips to Middle East, India, Germany, US etc) , but I still decided to apply on paper along with the rest of the family...
So your extensive travel should not have an impact on the processing speed of your application

Coming over to your question
If your wife is applying with the kids then it should not be an issue to use the forms in Subsection 5(2).
For the Question 7 in general you have to provide both your and your wife's name...
When you are answering Question 7E for you and your wife you have to Indicate No under your name and Yes for under your wife's name...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/minors.html
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/minors-applying-citizenship.pdf

Osti79

Jan 9, 2022
Even during my application, I had an extensive travel history(extensive trips to Middle East, India, Germany, US etc) , but I still decided to apply on paper along with the rest of the family...
So your extensive travel should not have an impact on the processing speed of your application

Coming over to your question
If your wife is applying with the kids then it should not be an issue to use the forms in Subsection 5(2).
For the Question 7 in general you have to provide both your and your wife's name...
When you are answering Question 7E for you and your wife you have to Indicate No under your name and Yes for under your wife's name...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/minors.html
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/minors-applying-citizenship.pdf
Thanks Abbas a lot , when I select no for myself 7(e) it asks me to enter my citizenship certificate number , shall I write N/A in that field ?
Thanks

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks Abbas a lot , when I select no for myself 7(e) it asks me to enter my citizenship certificate number , shall I write N/A in that field ?
Thanks
You are not a citizen, so you cannot include that detail in your kids application. Leave it blank and you will still be able to validate the form.