Feb 18, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-03-2017
Hi Everyone,
I had a question regarding the work experience to be shown:
I have total 6.5 years of experience outside Canada, and worked in 4 companies till date.
I have all required documents for my first 3 companies including the notarized letters from colleagues (6yr experience proof).
However for my current company- which i joined 6 months back only, i don't have the required from them nor am i comfortable asking co workers to sign the affidavit as we don't know each other that well.
In this case will it suffice if i just show my offer letter/payslips for last 6 months or will I be needed to show definitive proof apart from these?

I think i also read somewhere that as max 3 yr experience only counts out of canada, i can just show the previous 5 yr experience and it will be enough. I am at 441 so expecting ITA soon and collecting documents currently.

Please advice.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
push1988 said:
Hi Everyone,
I had a question regarding the work experience to be shown:
I have total 6.5 years of experience outside Canada, and worked in 4 companies till date.
I have all required documents for my first 3 companies including the notarized letters from colleagues (6yr experience proof).
However for my current company- which i joined 6 months back only, i don't have the required from them nor am i comfortable asking co workers to sign the affidavit as we don't know each other that well.
In this case will it suffice if i just show my offer letter/payslips for last 6 months or will I be needed to show definitive proof apart from these?

I think i also read somewhere that as max 3 yr experience only counts out of canada, i can just show the previous 5 yr experience and it will be enough. I am at 441 so expecting ITA soon and collecting documents currently.

Please advice.
You are right, CRS maxes out at 3 years...so go with your past work experience, and ignore your current work details, you can always add them in you personal history section when filling eAPR.

pacificislander

Jan 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaWeCome said:
You are right, CRS maxes out at 3 years...so go with your past work experience, and ignore your current work details, you can always add them in you personal history section when filling eAPR.
I wonder how exactly cic counts the work experience. Do they discount vacations? Some applicants had more than a month vacation which i think is relatively significant?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
pacificislander said:
I wonder how exactly cic counts the work experience. Do they discount vacations? Some applicants had more than a month vacation which i think is relatively significant?
No, they don't unless it is unpaid.

pacificislander

Jan 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaWeCome said:
No, they don't unless it is unpaid.
Do they get deep into the details reference letter? Let's say a person had 1 month paid vacation and he had 5 more days of unpaid vacation. Will they scrutinize every single day that the paid work was done?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
pacificislander said:
Do they get deep into the details reference letter? Let's say a person had 1 month paid vacation and he had 5 more days of unpaid vacation. Will they scrutinize every single day that the paid work was done?
No, it's not that way. They just check if you have a min. of 1560 hours of paid continuous work experience overall.

push1988

Feb 18, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-03-2017
CanadaWeCome said:
Thanks CanadaWeCome for clearing this thing!!