+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Colleges in Canada

Amy seifield

Jun 4, 2015
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I live in Sweden and recently I've been thinking about going to Canada and pursue my academic journey there. So I applied to a college in Canada couple of weeks back and today I received an offer of admission letter saying that's I've been accepted into the program I applied you (direct admission). However, I didn't even send them my highschool diploma yet, just the certificate of completion, and I didn't even send them my final exam results (as in final term). Isn't that kinda weird? Does this happen frequently? I am yet to finalize my documents but apparently they've already sent me the letter of acceptance? Should I still send them my diploma or...? lol

Maima

Aug 8, 2014
Yeah that is pretty weird, I think community colleges don't really require a diploma, especially if you're 19 years of age or older. I don't know much about Canada but in the United States, you are considered a highschool applicant if you just possess a certificate of completion but only if you're applying to a community college. So maybe it's the same deal with Canada? I don't really know, maybe some people here could tell you something about that, but in general, if you have good scores and maintain a good rank in your class, the college would normally accept you without asking for further documents to support your application. So congratulations on your acceptance :)

GTO911

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Is it a conditional one?

Amy seifield

Jun 4, 2015
No it isn't conditional, it says that I'm eligible to take the program I applied to which was business and marketing. Could it be because I'm 19 years of age as Maima said? But that's weird because they didn't say that I was accepted as a 'mature' applicant or whatever..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Amy seifield said:
No it isn't conditional, it says that I'm eligible to take the program I applied to which was business and marketing. Could it be because I'm 19 years of age as Maima said? But that's weird because they didn't say that I was accepted as a 'mature' applicant or whatever..
Which school?

GTO911

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Well you got the letter, thats all ;)

Maima

Aug 8, 2014
This is from seneca's website:

Your academic record (native language and official/certified English translation)
For High School Graduates:
Your complete High School/
Secondary School Transcript (all years of secondary school) and your High School/Secondary School Diploma (Certificate of Completion)

There you go, like I said, Certificate of Completion is good enough for community colleges, just like in the United States. I'm glad you've chosen Seneca by the way, they've got so much transfer pathways, once you graduate you would have so many universities you could transfer too :)

Best of luck! Study hard!