+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question About CJ Hearing

CyberHawk

Oct 31, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I've been told by CIC that I have to expect an invitation to stand before a citizenship judge.
Since the agent won't say any details, I have to ask for your thoughts here.

1. When do you think the decision was made to call me in front of the judge? Was it during the test/interview?

2. Will I have to wait those extra 10 months or they might invite me anytime between 1-10 months?

3. The agent said that all my documents were OK and that they don't need anything. What triggered scheduling me for the judge hearing?! (I was told previously that I've passed my test).

4. What happens during the hearing? What do they ask about??

5. Will I become a citizen there or will I have to wait further yet for the oath letter after that??

6. Do I need a lawyer for this hearing?

Thank you for your comments and thoughts.

uncanny

Jun 12, 2013
A couple of people here are reporting that they are being scheduled a hearing with the judge despite no RQ or test failure.

Would you mind sharing what in your opinion may have caused it? Do you have a lot of absences from Canada?

CyberHawk

Oct 31, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uncanny said:
A couple of people here are reporting that they are being scheduled a hearing with the judge despite no RQ or test failure.

Would you mind sharing what in your opinion may have caused it? Do you have a lot of absences from Canada?
No, I went to my country of origin, Syria, 2 times before the war began, which I declared on my application.
I have fulfilled the residency requirements for the first 4 years.
I don't have a valid passport since the Canadians closed the Syrian embassy after the war started, hence I can't travel anywhere if that's what they're concerned about.
I don't have a US visa hence I've never been to the US, if that's another reason for them.
I spent most of my time here at the university, worked for one and a half year as a software developer and now I'm going back to university.
Hence I have absolutely no idea what triggered the hearing thing.
It's becoming more like a horror movie although initially I thought my application is more than regular.

uncanny

Jun 12, 2013
CyberHawk said:
No, I went to my country of origin, Syria, 2 times before the war began, which I declared on my application.
I have fulfilled the residency requirements for the first 4 years.
I don't have a valid passport since the Canadians closed the Syrian embassy after the war started, hence I can't travel anywhere if that's what they're concerned about.
I don't have a US visa hence I've never been to the US, if that's another reason for them.
I spent most of my time here at the university, worked for one and a half year as a software developer and now I'm going back to university.
Hence I have absolutely no idea what triggered the hearing thing.
It's becoming more like a horror movie although initially I thought my application is more than regular.
thanks for sharing. Wish you luck all through the process.