+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about citizenship test

torontoguy1981

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Hey guys,,,

I have my test next week, any information about what happens? when they check all the docs after the test do they check passports of that last four years only? or everything since arrival ...

Thanks

melissaida

Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
3-APR-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-APR-2010
LANDED..........
15-08-2010
I had my test last week, and this is what I think you can expect: they will check your identity documents (your passports relevant to the four years before you applied), and have a general "chat" about your time in Canada, your employment, your family, where you lived prior to coming to Canada and what your status was in those places. If you have a lot of travel, they'll probably check the stamps against what you put down in your residence calculator.

Good luck! You're in the final steps!

torontoguy1981 said:
Hey guys,,,

I have my test next week, any information about what happens? when they check all the docs after the test do they check passports of that last four years only? or everything since arrival ...

Thanks

melissaida

Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
3-APR-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-APR-2010
LANDED..........
15-08-2010
I did!

torontoguy1981 said:
so many thanks for your info

Have you received the letter to do the oath yet?

melissaida

Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
3-APR-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-APR-2010
LANDED..........
15-08-2010
Best of luck to you torontoguy1981! You will be fine. Just study that Discover Canada guide, and be confident when talking to the officer - you're almost there! :)

torontoguy1981 said:
thank you very much please wish me good luck to get the oath soon too

moti

Oct 24, 2012
First they check your PR card, letter of invitation and then send you in the room for test. after the test the citizenship officer again checks your original ID documents and Passport current and expired for the relevant 4 years. CO very politely and in a friendly manner ( at least My CO was very friendly ) tells you the result of the test and then ask you about your job , any travel , any general question just to check your English communication skills. do not worry, relax, study discover canada as questions come from the book. Best of luck.

torontoguy1981

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Good morning
Thank you very much, you are so kind.. I am on my way to the test within two hours. I hope it wont take me a long time to get the oath