+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Certified RCMP Police Certificate

puigi

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Hello,

I have two questions regarding a Certified RCMP Police Certificate. I was asked to submit one on June 19th, and I filled the petition with the RCMP on June 24th. The Police check was issued on June 25th, one day later. However, it did not arrive until today because of Canada Post being extra inefficient.

I am sure that I have no criminal record; however, there are some particularities on my case: IRCC asked me to take my fingerprints twice, which was odd, but I complied. The thing is that the second time I submitted my fingerprints was after the Police certificate was issued.

Now the police certificate says the following:

"This certifies that a search of the National Criminal Records repository and Fingerprint Repository maintained by the RCMP using the fingerprints concerning the Applicant whose name and date of birth appear below could not be associated to an existing Criminal Record which may be disclosed in accordance with Federal Laws.
This also certifies that a search by the RCMP using the same fingerprints has resulted in a POSITIVE IDENTIFICATION to lmmigration fingerprints registered under the file number(s) indicated below".

Below this is a file number, that has my correct name and date of birth. However, the file number is a number that is not related whatsoever to my immigration number, UCI or any previous file I had with IRCC.

I understand that the first part states that I have no criminal record, which is OK. The second part, however, is more confusing. What should I make of it? Especially considering that the second part talks about a file number that is not related to my immigration file in any obvious way. Could it be that there may be a mistake on my file number, especially considering the fact that I had to be fingerprinted twice?

Thanks in advance!

gurman55

Jan 14, 2020
Hi I got the RCMP certificate today.
Please help in understanding this.
In the second phrase they write RCMP using the same fingerprints results in a positive identification to immigration fingerprints registered to file number below.

The file number they stated does not match my UCI number or any other immigration number which I have.
Last month December 6th I went for biometrics for TRV . I am wondering is this the case they show positive identification in RCMP check. But file number which they show in report doesn’t match any application number. thanks waiting for rep

Sandys89

Oct 28, 2020
Hi I got the RCMP certificate today.
Please help in understanding this.
In the second phrase they write RCMP using the same fingerprints results in a positive identification to immigration fingerprints registered to file number below.

The file number they stated does not match my UCI number or any other immigration number which I have.
Last month December 6th I went for biometrics for TRV . I am wondering is this the case they show positive identification in RCMP check. But file number which they show in report doesn’t match any application number. thanks waiting for rep
Hi Gurman, I got letter with same wording that postive identification with RCMP immigration file. Is it good?