+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about certified copy of birth certificate of non accompanying dependent

nicklove128

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Hi all,
My husband is sponsoring me as a PR. I need to include my step son in my application as a non accompanying dependent.
I know that I need to submit a copy of his birth certificate. Do I also need to prove that it’s a certified true copy?
thank u.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Is your step son, your husband's son? You cannot include him as your dependent. He is your husband's dependent but you can include him in the additional family members form.

nicklove128

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Is your step son, your husband's son? You cannot include him as your dependent. He is your husband's dependent but you can include him in the additional family members form.
He is my husbands son. My husband is a PR and he is sponsoring me. Don’t I need to include him in the generic application form? Thank u

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
He is my husbands son. My husband is a PR and he is sponsoring me. Don’t I need to include him in the generic application form? Thank u
Your husband is sponsoring you. And the son is your husband's son. So your husband should have already sponsored his son or the son is already a PR.
So your step son is not your dependent.

nicklove128

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Your husband is sponsoring you. And the son is your husband's son. So your husband should have already sponsored his son or the son is already a PR.
So your step son is not your dependent.
thank u for ur reply. But my husband didn’t sponsor his son and his son is not PR. He’s been living with his biological mother in his home country since birth.

I noticed that on the generic form it says I need to include dependents of my side and my husband side who’re not PR or Canadian citizen. So I think I have to included him as my step son as well as in the additional family info form even though my husband was never married to his biological mother.

and according to the checklist, I need to submit the birth certificate of all my dependents. I’m not sure if a step son is counted as my dependent, so I’m really confused...

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
thank u for ur reply. But my husband didn’t sponsor his son and his son is not PR. He’s been living with his biological mother in his home country since birth.

I noticed that on the generic form it says I need to include dependents of my side and my husband side who’re not PR or Canadian citizen. So I think I have to included him as my step son as well as in the additional family info form even though my husband was never married to his biological mother.

and according to the checklist, I need to submit the birth certificate of all my dependents. I’m not sure if a step son is counted as my dependent, so I’m really confused...
If your husband did not declare the dependent when he became PR, it is not straight-forward to add him to that application. Although there is now a 2-year pilot to sponsor undeclared family members that would make it possible. Take advantage of the pilot because it will not last forever.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If your husband did not declare the dependent when he became PR, it is not straight-forward to add him to that application. Although there is now a 2-year pilot to sponsor undeclared family members that would make it possible. Take advantage of the pilot because it will not last forever.
It depends on how the father got his PR. This pilot program is not for all streams.

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
It depends on how the father got his PR. This pilot program is not for all streams.
That's right.
The pilot is for people who came into Canada as asylum-seekers and sponsored spouses.

nicklove128

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
That's right.
The pilot is for people who came into Canada as asylum-seekers and sponsored spouses.
Hi, my husband was sponsored by his mother and his son (was a baby at that time) was also in the application. But his biological mother refused to cooperate and he didn’t undergo medical examination and couldn’t be sponsored at that moment.

since his son was mentioned and intended to be sponsored but failed before, I think I should include him or it would be considered as fraud, right? Thank u

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, my husband was sponsored by his mother and his son (was a baby at that time) was also in the application. But his biological mother refused to cooperate and he didn’t undergo medical examination and couldn’t be sponsored at that moment.

since his son was mentioned and intended to be sponsored but failed before, I think I should include him or it would be considered as fraud, right? Thank u
I think you made a good logical decision. Include him and write a letter explaining the situration. This is not a common case.

Not sure if they will ask him to under go medical. I think since he can never be sponsored so IRCC can just continue the application without any further requests on him.

nicklove128

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
I think you made a good logical decision. Include him and write a letter explaining the situration. This is not a common case.

Not sure if they will ask him to under go medical. I think since he can never be sponsored so IRCC can just continue the application without any further requests on him.
thank u. I included him and wrote a explanation letter. Will see if they still ask him to undergo medical examination again. Thanks

nicklove128

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
thank u. I included him and wrote a explanation letter. Will see if they still ask him to undergo medical examination again. Thanks
I also included the copy of his birth certificate according to the checklist. But I’m not sure if I should tick the birth certificate box in the checklist, because I don’t have a birth certificate myself and I wrote a letter about it.

should I still tick that box since I’m only submit a copy of birth certificate of my step son who might never be sponsored?

I’m asking because I’m not sure if the checklist is just like a reminder for me, or the boxes must be ticked according to ur documents or it will cause troubles. Thank u