+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question about Bridging OWP

deadsea02

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hey guys!
I got OWP thru Bridging OWP but it says i can only work in Toronto!! Is that normal? i think usually u can work any where with the OWP! is that true? and when it says Toronto, does it mean only inside the city or The GTA( great toronto area)?
Thank you.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
deadsea02 said:
Hey guys!
I got OWP thru Bridging OWP but it says i can only work in Toronto!! Is that normal? i think usually u can work any where with the OWP! is that true? and when it says Toronto, does it mean only inside the city or The GTA( great toronto area)?
Thank you.
Did you provide CIC with any additional information on your BOWP application? Like usually it's not restricted to a region or job.
As per OB485-A:

FSWP, FSTP, CEC
For a bridging open WP issued to FSWP, FSTP or CEC, there are no restrictions to Employment Location and therefore the Province of Destination value must be set to UNK first, and then the City of Destination value of Unknown can be selected as follows:

Province of Destination: UNK
City of Destination: Unknown

deadsea02

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
I just attached a letter says that my PR application is in process.
I applied under FSW.
It is very weird!!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
deadsea02 said:
I just attached a letter says that my PR application is in process.
I applied under FSW.
It is very weird!!
Indeed, even BOWPs based on FSWP applications shouldn't have any restrictions, only PNP ones have.

venuamancha

Sep 30, 2013
Hi deadsea02, By the way when did you apply your BOWP? Is it Online? I applied on Nov 11 at 6:30 PM online...still waiting....

deadsea02

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
venuamancha said:
Hi deadsea02, By the way when did you apply your BOWP? Is it Online? I applied on Nov 11 at 6:30 PM online...still waiting....
I think i applied Nov 01 or oct 30. I got the approval letter on nov 19.

Should i contact the cic and inform them that i have restriction on my owp?

venuamancha

Sep 30, 2013
deadsea02 said:
I think i applied Nov 01 or oct 30. I got the approval letter on nov 19.

Should i contact the cic and inform them that i have restriction on my owp?
Ok. You can contact and see what they will tell. Better first contact through call center.

venuamancha

Sep 30, 2013
rcherukuri09 said:
Do we need job offer from current employer to apply for bridge wp.
Wt is main document for this besides a or
Thank u
Job offer from current employer is not required. You can write an explanation letter and upload through online application. I did same..waiting...

rcherukuri09

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Do we need to upload out degrees exp letters all those stuff and cc charged on 19nov Dec 5,wp will expire can I expect a or in between and file bwp on line

deadsea02

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
byrwus said:
you still have a few days of buffer, your aor will come Wednesday the latest.
aor and work permit less than 4 months is all that you need.
Actually my wp will expire in 6 months and they still give it to me!
u only need to submit a letter show that ur pr application in process or passed the first stage.

deadsea02

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
byrwus said:
did you say you got an BOWP while your current one is 6 month valid?
no. i applied for bowp when my current wp will expire in 6 months! The law is u can get bowp when ur current wp about to expire or max 4 months to expire!

rcherukuri09

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
thanks byrwus
thanks for replys ..,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

good luck to all
as i am going to h1b visa stamping tomarrow to calgary consulate,, i am keeping the bwp option to be open
thanks folks.