+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about attached OWP

sunnamont

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Sherbrooke, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Hello. I have some questions about my OWP that I included in my inland Common-Law sponsorship and I hope that someone can shine a light on me.
First I would like to say that my visitor record is expiring 02-April-2021, I sent my paperwork on 27-Mar-2021 and the website of Canada Post says it was delivered today (01-April-2021). I have also already sent an application for extending my visitor record, as a back up.
  1. It arrived ONE day before my visitor visa expires, will I still be eligible for OWP?
  2. If not, seeing that I applied before my visitor status expire and the pandemic is a hard time for everyone, could I send a letter of explanation asking that my OWP app be accepted?

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
Hello. I have some questions about my OWP that I included in my inland Common-Law sponsorship and I hope that someone can shine a light on me.
First I would like to say that my visitor record is expiring 02-April-2021, I sent my paperwork on 27-Mar-2021 and the website of Canada Post says it was delivered today (01-April-2021). I have also already sent an application for extending my visitor record, as a back up.
  1. It arrived ONE day before my visitor visa expires, will I still be eligible for OWP?
  2. If not, seeing that I applied before my visitor status expire and the pandemic is a hard time for everyone, could I send a letter of explanation asking that my OWP app be accepted?
ircc has been putting open work permit recieval dates back a week showing that it has been recieved before your status expires.. note thought this is only what i have noticed from looking at my own application and other time lines..