+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about applying inland

theracersedge

Mar 23, 2009
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the site but not knew to the immigration process. I hired a layer last year, he sent it off last November to Buffalo and it was denied in March 2009 due to past criminality. So, basically I had an incompetant lawyer who should have not sent it in knowing that it would have been rejected...he did have all documents (FBI, and state police searches) but failed to equate into Canadian law. Anyways, we now have a pardon for his past and he is now not inadmissable due to that issue. We would like to send application in January but had a question about inland application. Since we did it outside Canada last time we are not familiar with inland, so what are the times like for processing inland? THanks for any and all help.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All the processing times are on www.cic.gc.ca

Since you mention the FBI and state police, I assume you/your partner is American. That would be processed through Buffalo, which is far faster. They often completely approve your PR application before inland applications even give the first stage of approval.

With that in mind, I think applying through Buffalo is the best choice. That also gives you the option to appeal in case something goes wrong again, while an inland sponsorship gives you no avenue of appeal.

theracersedge said:
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the site but not knew to the immigration process. I hired a layer last year, he sent it off last November to Buffalo and it was denied in March 2009 due to past criminality. So, basically I had an incompetant lawyer who should have not sent it in knowing that it would have been rejected...he did have all documents (FBI, and state police searches) but failed to equate into Canadian law. Anyways, we now have a pardon for his past and he is now not inadmissable due to that issue. We would like to send application in January but had a question about inland application. Since we did it outside Canada last time we are not familiar with inland, so what are the times like for processing inland? THanks for any and all help.