+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about applying EI online (Work permit)

iamalazyperson

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Hello,
I am holding a post secondary work permit, I have been temporary laid off due to COVID-19. I have applied EI online, however I have to provide a proof of work permit.
May I know if I only need to mail a copy of my work permit to Service Canada, after that the process will be finalized ?
Thank you for the help

Jayparmar90

Sep 8, 2017
Hello,
I am holding a post secondary work permit, I have been temporary laid off due to COVID-19. I have applied EI online, however I have to provide a proof of work permit.
May I know if I only need to mail a copy of my work permit to Service Canada, after that the process will be finalized ?
Thank you for the help
Brother i am also facing the same issue , i have submitted the application online and they are asking for ROE and work permit
But i do not kwn where to submit so if you get any idea please help me out in this

thank you

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Brother i am also facing the same issue , i have submitted the application online and they are asking for ROE and work permit
But i do not kwn where to submit so if you get any idea please help me out in this

thank you
Prior to the Covid 19 situation you could of dropped them off at a Service Canada location and they would be forwarded to EI Processing, however I see that those offices have been closed . You'd have to mail them into a EI Processing centre

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/corporate/contact/ei-individual.html

Go to the By mail section, send supporting documents
For Ontario only

Service Canada Centre
P.O. Box 2602
Mississauga, Ontario L4T 0B1

Last edited:

Jayparmar90

Sep 8, 2017
Prior to the Covid 19 situation you could of dropped them off at a Service Canada location and they would be forwarded to EI Processing, however I see that those offices have been closed . You'd have to mail them into a EI Processing centre

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/corporate/contact/ei-individual.html

Go to the By mail section, send supporting documents
For Ontario only

Service Canada Centre
P.O. Box 2602
Mississauga, Ontario L4T 0B1
Thank you for the info , secondly what about the work permit do we need to send them the original copy or an photo copy is good

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello,
Thank you for the help

They would
Thank you for the info , secondly what about the work permit do we need to send them the original copy or an photo copy is good
Photocopy, and adding typically ROE are issued electronically, if not a copy of the ROE

gigli87

Apr 12, 2020
Hello,
Thank you for the help
were you able to fix it? I have the same problem and i couldnt get in touch with EI or someone from CERB to see if i can apply to CERB in stead because I service canada is not open.