+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about AOR

JaihLee416

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Hey guys, I got my AOR for citizenship today, I am an October applicant. I submit my application with my husband. But I got AOR email and he did not. Is that normal or anyone ever experience that before?

Thanks

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
As far as I have seen in this forum the answer is yes,it is very normal. Many people who sent their application together with a spouse and/or kids did not get their AOR at the same time.However family applications returned as a whole if one of the family members had something missing in his application.

JaihLee416

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
As far as I have seen in this forum the answer is yes,it is very normal. Many people who sent their application together with a spouse and/or kids did not get their AOR at the same time.However family applications returned as a whole if one of the family members had something missing in his application.
So does the other spouse eventually gets it or no?

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
The other spouse will get the AOR eventually. Its just the matter of time or how their email system works. They will process your applications together.

If there were any mistakes in one application, they would have returned both. I would say check your and your husband's ECAS today or tomorrow, you will see the status!

fairytales

Aug 30, 2017
Yes, everybody gets their AOR. For example, one of ours arrived at about 3.30pm NS time, and the rest arrived next morning 8.30am NS time.

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Eventually gets it? no one can promise.
You are referring to October applicants which are still fresh and most people did not get their AOR yet(As expected) ,so asking if they "eventually get it" has a 50/50 answer.