+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about "Additional Family Information" IMM5406E

reybergs

May 13, 2017
Hi :)

Just filling out some forms and IMM5406E "Additional Family Information" has me stuck. My husband (primary applicant) and myself (sponsor) should each fill out our own form by the sounds of it. The first 2 spaces to fill out are for the applicant and the spouse. In this case, is the applicant for both sheets my husband because he is the primary applicant? Or for each of our forms we should each put our name under applicant? I would assume that the applicant in this case is the person filling out the sheet, but I just wanted to double check because it's not very clear for me.
Thank you!!

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017

Just filling out some forms and IMM5406E "Additional Family Information" has me stuck. My husband (primary applicant) and myself (sponsor) should each fill out our own form by the sounds of it. The first 2 spaces to fill out are for the applicant and the spouse. In this case, is the applicant for both sheets my husband because he is the primary applicant? Or for each of our forms we should each put our name under applicant? I would assume that the applicant in this case is the person filling out the sheet, but I just wanted to double check because it's not very clear for me.
Thank you!!
Only the principal applicant needs to fill in this form.

reybergs

May 13, 2017
Only the principal applicant needs to fill in this form.
"The principal applicant, their spouse or common-law partner (if applicable) ..must complete their own copy of this form... :s as his spouse it states I should fill out my own copy?

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
You are the sponsor. If the Principal Applicant were coming in through an economic stream (eg FSW, CEC) then their spouse would need to give their family details. Because you are not moving to Canada, CIC don't need to know about your family.

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
"The principal applicant, their spouse or common-law partner (if applicable) ..must complete their own copy of this form... :s as his spouse it states I should fill out my own copy?
If your husband is the principal applicant only he needs to fill out a copy of the form. If you are the sponsor you do not fill out an additional copy. If you were migrating through the express entry as a family each member would need to fill out a copy of the form as no one would be sponsoring u guys. If you are a sponsor, CIC already has your information.

Almostmove

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Hi,
I am sorry I also have a question on IMM5406.
My case: I am a sponsor and my wife(primary applicant).
I understand from the previous posts that my wife(primary applicant) is the only person who need fill IMM540. on Section A, 2nd row, Relationship "spouse or common-law partner" should write my name on it? or leave the 2nd row blank? I cannot fill 'Sponsor' on this row.
Thank you.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Hi,
I am sorry I also have a question on IMM5406.
My case: I am a sponsor and my wife(primary applicant).
I understand from the previous posts that my wife(primary applicant) is the only person who need fill IMM540. on Section A, 2nd row, Relationship "spouse or common-law partner" should write my name on it? or leave the 2nd row blank? I cannot fill 'Sponsor' on this row.
Thank you.
You mean IMM5406 right not IMM540? You might need to explain a little better..what are you having trouble with? Don't leave any blanks. This form only need to be filled in by the PA. Your details will be on the second row.

Almostmove

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
You mean IMM5406 right not IMM540? You might need to explain a little better..what are you having trouble with? Don't leave any blanks. This form only need to be filled in by the PA. Your details will be on the second row.
Thanks WeegieInOttawa, it is IMM5406.
If I am not wrong, details of principal applicant fill on 1st row, sponsor fill on 2nd row.
correct me if I am wrong, thanks again.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Thanks WeegieInOttawa, it is IMM5406.
If I am not wrong, details of principal applicant fill on 1st row, sponsor fill on 2nd row.
correct me if I am wrong, thanks again.
Yes that's correct.

PatwaBobby

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019

Thank you!!
Hi was it approved after the family info form? just being too specific sorry, did you leave blanks, as it says only write not applicable at a section not maybe every field