+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about a form specific to the Paris visa office

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
Hey everyone,

The applicant's guide for people going through the Paris office includes an additional form requesting a detailed travel history that covers the past 10 years. I'm referring to form IMM5562, which says

List all trips you, and if applicable, your family members have taken outside your country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since your 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc.

Now, section B asks for the same thing for the applicant's spouse, common-law partner, or dependent children. My spouse is the sponsor, so do I still have to include his full travel history? He's travelled to more than 70 countries over the past decade and it's pretty much impossible for him to remember specific dates.

Any ideas?

Griffintown

Jun 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your spouse is the Canadian sponsor, then NO you don't include his travels (only the sponsored person and their foreign family members fill out this part) We used an immigration lawyer to complete our file (we applied to the Paris VO as well), so I am basing my answer on what he said.

There does not seem to be many people using the Paris VO on this board, making it difficult sometimes to get answers specifically related to Paris, or to compare information. If you can read and write french, you can check out immigrer.com and ask questions there - lots of French people on this site who presumably are using Paris VO.

I can't provide you the Paris VO contact information because despite applying to Paris, CIC decided to transfer my application to Ottawa (and yours might possibly be transferred to Ott-Miss - but CIC decides this and they will inform you once your husband is approved as sponsor). If that is the case that will be the visa office you would contact

Good Luck!

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
Thanks, Griffintown, I do speak French so that link is very helpful. I'll check out the forums on that website too.

They transferred your app to Ottawa!?! Merde ... :( The good thing about the Paris office was their 8-month processing time, Ottawa is now at 16... you just can't win with these people!

Griffintown

Jun 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually Sydney, London and Paris have lots of demands being sent to their offices, so to alleviate the workload offices like Ottawa are processing these files themselves. I called asking for clarifications (pointing out the timeframe to them) and they said that straightforward and uncomplicated cases being sent to Paris are being transferred to Ottawa (what constitutes as straightforward is up for debate!) So don't fear if your app gets sent to Ottawa. On the other hand don't worry if it remains in Paris, it doesnt automatically mean you have a complicated file - they have their own little mysterious system on how they filter the files.

Also these timeframes being given seems to be much longer than reality -unless you have problems or red flags with your application. Reading a few various boards some people have gotten through the entire process in less than 5 months! (I think a Paris application from May-June even got approved recently and will be landing soon) Paris seems to be really quick these days.

Donc ...je te dis merde pour ton application!