+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question 6a and 6b - seniors need help on this

ind2uk2can

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
6 a .Date of pr = 31/01/2011
6.b. first came to live in canada if different from a = "N/A"

I mentioned as above in my citizenship application is this current please ??

as per my situation I first landed as PR on 31 / 01/2011 and went back for 2 months to UK and came back TO CANADA...after 2 months ....

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Were you in Canada as a worker or student prior to landing?
If not then Date of pr will be the day you landed in Canada.
Your visit back to UK for 2 months will just be considered as absence.

I hope this helps

ind2uk2can

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
1.No, I was not in Canada as a Worker or Student before
2.6 a. .Date of pr = 31/01/2011.
6 b. first came to live in canada if different from a = "N/A"

I hope this is right???

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
The form and whole flow still has some kinks - which adds to the confusion !

In fact, as per instructions EMBEDDED on the residence calculator page (see below), if you provide Residence Calc. printout, YOU DONT EVEN NEED TO FILL 6A and 6B ! Some of the CIC forms and instructions are badly done !

What is the most important is that the date of signing the application = Date used in the Residence Calculation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do?&lang=en&_ga=1.76981141.1260307862.1388431334

On the Residency calculator page, see the bolded section below in red font extracted and copy-pasted

What happens next?

The calculator will tell you if you meet the residence requirement.
•If you meet the residence requirement, you can print the calculation and attach a copy to your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults. If you attach a copy, you do not need to fill in sections 6(A) and 6(B) of the application. Simply check the option 'Online Residence Calculator' in question 6(H). Make sure that the date of application used in this calculation and the date of signature on the application form and on the calculation printout are the same.

FAS

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
hi ind2uk2can, I am in similar situation as yours, so n/a response worked for you or you got any questions from CIC? appreciate if you could share your experience. thanks