+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question 5, 6 and 7 on Schedule 14 form

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Can anyone explain to me question 5, 6 and 7 on Schedule 14 form?

For question 5 if I chose no for a) what the answer should be for b)..should I write N/A? OR NO?

Also, it would be great if you can explain other questions to me

Thank you guys very much

lieb26

Aug 22, 2015
This is how I answered them:

(5)
A. Are you recognized as a Convention refugee by a country other than Canada? No
B. Can you return to that country? No

(6)
A. Are you a citizen or national of more than one country? No
B. If yes, what countries? Not applicable

(7)
A. Are you a legal and permanent resident of any country? Yes
B. If yes, what country (ies)? "Name of my country of origin"
C. Can you return to that country? No

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For Q7, do you mean by "legal and permanent resident of any country" a citizen of your origin country?

I thought about this question for a while, I just want the meaning of "permanent residence"..is it a citizen?

lieb26

Aug 22, 2015
key78 said:
For Q7, do you mean by "legal and permanent resident of any country" a citizen of your origin country?

I thought about this question for a while, I just want the meaning of "permanent residence"..is it a citizen?
I took the question to mean whether I am a permanent resident of any country regardless of whether or not I'm a citizen of said country. Well I still do have the right of permanent residence in my country of origin but for security reasons I cannot live there anymore. I think section C would be the most important part of the question, whether I can return to that country (country of birth or any country where I'm a legal and permanent resident) and the answer is no.