+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question 4 Generic Form

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Hello there,

I am sorry to keep asking questions but I am in the last process to put this package together and today I am trying to finished my generic application and Question 4 is killing me.

The guide says
Question 4

Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application

Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves:

your country of nationality, or
the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year.
Note: Do not select the CIO as the immigration office requested to process your application. Although you may be required to will submit your application to the CIO, you must indicate the name of an appropriate visa office using the criteria above.

Note: If you are applying for refugee protection from within Canada, this question does not apply to you. Go to Question 5.

So I went to the link immigration offices and found it says visa offices outside Canada and Offices in Canada.

As I am applying INLAND I would think is in Canada and then it does show me Vegreville but is a Case processing centres and is asking for immigration office. is that it?
and the guide says to follow this criteria "your country of nationality, or
the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year."

IF I DO MY OFFICE WILL BE Mexico City. but that is under visa offices outside.
BTW I am from Costa Rica again applying inland... please help I am really confused

VanSquirrel

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-01-2012
IELTS Request
AIP: 04-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2013
Send it to Vegreville. Since the same forms are used for inland and outland applications, this question determines where the application is sent. There's an INLAND 2013 thread too that you might find helpful.

VanSquirrel

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-01-2012
IELTS Request
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2013
Here's the Inland 2013 thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2013-t129064.0.html

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
VanSquirrel said:
Send it to Vegreville. Since the same forms are used for inland and outland applications, this question determines where the application is sent. There's an INLAND 2013 thread too that you might find helpful.
thank you I did just that

Spoken05

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-09-2013
What if my husband (who i am sponsoring) lives in the u.s and we are applying outland?

Do we put a u.s visa office(los angeles) or do we put Ottawa? Or mississauga??

VanSquirrel

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-01-2012
IELTS Request
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2013
Put in the U.S. Visa Office.

Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application

Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves:
your country of nationality, or
the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year.
[/list]

Note: Do not select the CIO as the immigration office requested to process your application. Although you may be required to will submit your application to the CIO, you must indicate the name of an appropriate visa office using the criteria above.