+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question 3C on CIT0002 form

duplex

Sep 3, 2012
While preparing for the new form coming out tomorrow, I am looking at the question on the old form. In question 3C, it states that "List any other names used including name at birth, maiden name, previous married name(s), aliases and nicknames. These names will not appear on your citizenship certificate."

My name on PR/CoPR/passport have always been the same, so question 3A is simple and I don't need to do anything about question 3B except putting down "N/A". However, since my name is not easy to pronounce so I go by a typical English name (e.g. Peter while my original name might be Jung-En Kim) for others to call me easily after I moved to Canada. However, in my bank account/gas/water/electricity bill it is always my official name. This English name (Peter) is only used by my friends/colleagues/etc.

In this case, for question 3C do I put "nicknames" in provide details, "Kim" in Last name, and "Peter" in Given name, or I don't have to bother with it and just put down "N/A" as well? I recall that in my PR application I didn't put down "Peter" in the form, so I don't know if putting it down here will trigger any problem. Even if they will not check/compare with the PR application, will adding a nickname here cause delay/trigger RQ?

Thank you for sharing your input/experience.

duplex

Sep 3, 2012
Anyone has any insight into this? It is now at a different question number in the new form but still the same to me. Would let be to know if anyone has similar experience.

duplex

Sep 3, 2012
If anyone is seeing my question I would appreciate that you give me some of your insight. The question I am asking is now in Question 6 of the new form. Do I include my nickname in the form and if so, do I put N/A in family name and only the nickname (e.g. Peter) in the Given name column?

Thank you so much.

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
following as I have wrong name in passport, right name in birth certificate but PR COPR Health Card SIN all in wrong name but ppl call me by my first name which is the last name in passport.