cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
Hi all

Could somebody help me with this question regarding the (address history section) in the PR renewal form.

1- I first became a PR in Canada at August.2015 , I only landed for 3 week where and went back home before moving permanently after 2 years :\

Do I include the first three weeks I spent during my landing in Canada in the address history section!! I traveled to Toronto, Montreal, Quebec city Niagara before finally getting back to Toronto for my return flight. I stayed a couple of days at each of these cities at different hotels.

I tried put them in a schedule but just these three weeks took the whole table!!!! it dose not seem logical for me to put them although the instructions clearly state i should !!!

I read some threads that suggested to always stick with the permanent address and not include trips but in this case i'm afraid to put my address from back home while I have been living in Canada for these 3 weeks.

thanks you for reading my question and I would appreciate any help on this issue.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
anybody aware of this kindly?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Short answer: enter your PRIMARY address for each month in the "Address History."

Exceptions: if you were boarding at a particular location for an extended period of time, a couple months or more (like a student boarding at a university address, or a worker at a particular job site for more than a month), list what most honestly represents the place you were living.

No, do not list the address of places you briefly stayed while traveling.

LONGER COMMENTS:

"the first three weeks I spent during my landing in Canada in the address history section!! I traveled to Toronto, Montreal, Quebec city Niagara . . . I stayed a couple of days at each of these cities at different hotels."

"I read some threads that suggested to always stick with the permanent address and not include trips but in this case i'm afraid to put my address from back home while I have been living in Canada for these 3 weeks."​

You describe traveling in Canada rather than residing (living) in Canada.

BIG, BIG Clue: "I only landed for 3 week . . . and went back home before moving permanently after 2 years . . . "

Back home . . . as in back to you where you were living . . . as in back to the location that was your "address."

The application is not a test. IRCC does not engage in gotcha games. The PR details "Travel History" separately from "Address History."

Using just a little common sense, this should not be too difficult. Yes, sure, lean in favour of disclosing an accurate accounting of where one was actually, ordinarily living during each respective month. Month by month.

Many new immigrants do a "soft landing," before returning to Canada later. IRCC gets it. IRCC figures this stuff out.

Hi all

Could somebody help me with this question regarding the (address history section) in the PR renewal form.

1- I first became a PR in Canada at August.2015 , I only landed for 3 week where and went back home before moving permanently after 2 years :\

Do I include the first three weeks I spent during my landing in Canada in the address history section!! I traveled to Toronto, Montreal, Quebec city Niagara before finally getting back to Toronto for my return flight. I stayed a couple of days at each of these cities at different hotels.

I tried put them in a schedule but just these three weeks took the whole table!!!! it dose not seem logical for me to put them although the instructions clearly state i should !!!

I read some threads that suggested to always stick with the permanent address and not include trips but in this case i'm afraid to put my address from back home while I have been living in Canada for these 3 weeks.

thanks you for reading my question and I would appreciate any help on this issue.