Question #13: on Citizenship application

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Thanks... what do u think? Shall I mention business visas?
I assume this is just a visa to VISIT the us for business purposes (conferences, meetings, ...). In that case, it does not allow you to stay in the US (unlike study visas, work visas,...) and therefore is not relevant.

walmzd

Star Member
May 27, 2012
I decided to fill it with "No". Already submitted my application on Oct, 11
I think the question is wrong & it should be specifying the period of eligibility period, I think. For example I have a nationality different than country of birth, since the country of birth never grant citizenship by birth.
And was living in a different country before immigrating to Canada on a work permit.

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
I assume this is just a visa to VISIT the us for business purposes (conferences, meetings, ...). In that case, it does not allow you to stay in the US (unlike study visas, work visas,...) and therefore is not relevant.
sh@@ I did not include my employment visa. I only included my citizenship. Will my application be returned?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
sh@@ I did not include my employment visa. I only included my citizenship. Will my application be returned?
Don't know. I can only say what you are supposed to include in the form and employment/worker is one of the examples listed and therefore needs to be included.

If missing such a detail is a reason to refuse the application I can't tell. Maybe they will not care, maybe they will just ask for clarification, maybe not.

Sorry, but I don't think anyone who doesn't work for IRCC could say if this is a problem or not.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
I wanted to click "no" but then got a pop up saying "even if you got a citizenship from the country you were born, you have to click yes"
So I selected "yes" and entered "Belgium, Citizen, -my date of birth-"
I have no idea if I did the right but I though to myself, better safe than sorry.
But it was very confusing.

I want to point out that, in French, the meaning is TOTALLY diffrent. In French (the language I filled it in) is: "Avez-vous déjà obtenu un statut d'immigrant ou la citoyenneté dans un pays autre que le canada ou que votre pays de naissance"
Which means in English: "Have you ever had immigration or citizenship status in any country other than Canada or your country of birth?"

So the FRENCH FORM IS WRONG and POORLY TRANSLATED
Or is the English form wrong? The French makes more sense. Seriously, that's some sloppy junk there.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Or is the English form wrong? The French makes more sense. Seriously, that's some sloppy junk there.
No the English form is correct. It is true that the French question says "except your country of birth", however the help text in the French application says the same as the help text of the English version and the English question. That's a good clue that only the french question is worded the wrong way. You are supposed to list all your citizenships.

So in fact the French version does not make more sense. Think about it like this: Obviously, somewhere in the form IRCC must ask you for all your citizenships. There is no other place on the form where you could list them, so this is where you are supposed to list them.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
No the English form is correct. It is true that the French question says "except your country of birth", however the help text in the French application says the same as the help text of the English version and the English question. That's a good clue that only the french question is worded the wrong way. You are supposed to list all your citizenships.

So in fact the French version does not make more sense. Think about it like this: Obviously, somewhere in the form IRCC must ask you for all your citizenships. There is no other place on the form where you could list them, so this is where you are supposed to list them.
Sounds like they want you to list any citizenship you ever had, even if you have since lost it. I don't think previous versions went that far. But seriously, the French is wrong and the English question is tortuously worded. Nice job, IRCC.

Johnboy

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
Sounds like they want you to list any citizenship you ever had, even if you have since lost it. I don't think previous versions went that far. But seriously, the French is wrong and the English question is tortuously worded. Nice job, IRCC.
Yep, they want you to confirm your background. If you do not, then it could be construed as miss-representation and your citizenship can be swiftly revoked under the provisions of the citizenship act if they so choose at a later date. This is much like the questions about criminality. Sure you say you have no criminal past, but it they later find out you do, then you have incriminated yourself and it becomes easy to deal with this breach rather than arguing over the severity of the crime. - just my paranoia creeping through ;)

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Yep, they want you to confirm your background. If you do not, then it could be construed as miss-representation and your citizenship can be swiftly revoked under the provisions of the citizenship act if they so choose at a later date. This is much like the questions about criminality. Sure you say you have no criminal past, but it they later find out you do, then you have incriminated yourself and it becomes easy to deal with this breach rather than arguing over the severity of the crime. - just my paranoia creeping through ;)
If you lie about your criminal past, that is misrepresentation. If you don't list a citizenship due to misunderstanding the instruction, that is NOT misrepresentation. So maybe a bit too paranoid here :)

Johnboy

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
Wasn't there an immigrant MP who's mother misrepresented where the MP was born. Didn't that cause a bit of a stink for Trudeau. Wasn't she supposed to be stripped of her citizenship according to the 'rules', but as with all politicians its 'do as I say, not as I do'

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
@spyfy and other experienced members
please help
I am confused for Q13 , Do I need to mention B1/B2 US visa also here ? which is still valid.

In forum many type of answer i am reading and really confused

Reactions: find_anand

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
@spyfy and other experienced members
please help
I am confused for Q13 , Do I need to mention B1/B2 US visa also here ? which is still valid.

In forum many type of answer i am reading and really confused
I would say no but other forum members disagree and say that visitor visas should be listed.

If in doubt, just list them. No one would return your application because you listed too many details :)

Reactions: CEC_1304

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
I would say no but other forum members disagree and say that visitor visas should be listed.

If in doubt, just list them. No one would return your application because you listed too many details :)
Awesome , Thanks so much , I will do so :) + 1 like to you

cec20131209

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 09, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 29, 2014
Med's Request
Jun 18, 2014
Med's Done....
Jun 20, 2014, RPRF Request on Jul 15, 2014, Paid same day
Passport Req..
Jul 24, 2014, Sent Jul 25, 2014, passport recvd on July 28, passport sent from ottawa Sept 2 2014
VISA ISSUED...
September 02 2014
LANDED..........
September 04 2014, PR Card Processing Started on October 03, 2014. Received PR Card on October 10, 2014
I received AoR even though I did not entered h1 and h4 visa details. Do I need to update the application. If so how. The ircc web form does not have any reason that allows to update submitted application except contact details.

I did enter my country of birth in it.

Or, it's waiting game with crossed fingers

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
I received AoR even though I did not entered h1 and h4 visa details. Do I need to update the application. If so how. The ircc web form does not have any reason that allows to update submitted application except contact details.

I did enter my country of birth in it.

Or, it's waiting game with crossed fingers
I don't think you can make any changes to your application unless they contact you first... Then you can update them with new info.