+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question 11: Physical Location of employment

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
I used to work for a client thru an IT company and was physically present at the client location.
Should I write the client's office address instead of the employer address but give employers contact?
Also the employer and clients locations as on today is different than what it was when I worked because they moved offices...
Please advise. I completed all my application except this item.

wargo

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Hope in January 2013
Any help pls?

They asked where do you physically located during this period of work. Basically put your home address at that time, they don't need your Employer address, if they need it it, the would have said : please put your work address

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
They asked where do you physically located during this period of work. Basically put your home address at that time, they don't need your Employer address, if they need it it, the would have said : please put your work address
Share this line of thought

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
This is a bit confusing. why would they ask to fill in a home address in a section which has all other details about work? and especially when the home addresses are mentioned separately!!!
more thoughts please...

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
List your work address. As in: the place where you are employed.
So it should be your company's office, not the client's location.

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
List your work address. As in: the place where you are employed.
So it should be your company's office, not the client's location.
that is what I was thinking as well. thanks spyfy for clarifying.
I have another situation...
My spouse came to canada on a visitor visa in Aug 2012 while I was on a WP which was expiring in Oct 2012. My company applied for an extension before my WP expired and I got the approval and new WP effective Jan 2013. Soon after I got my WP, I applied for my wife's open WP and it got approved in March 2013.
While calculating the physical presence for my spouse, should I put her status as "visitor" till March 2013, does it violate the rule that she should have stayed only on a visitor visa for 6 months or will they understand that the moment we file for her extension in Jan 2013, its ok? and then on a worker status from Mar 2013 - till the time we got PR? Also, if she unemployed during a period she holds the open WP, is she considered to be on a temporary resident permit?

muz 1995

Mar 25, 2024
We got an ITA and have the following questions:

1. Back in my home country y office was located in a different city(city A) and I was working from home(city b)
What city do i write in my work history and personal history?

2. In Canada now I am still working from home. My office is in Etobicoke but i was first working from barrie for a month and then from Toronto since past 9 months.
Again, how do i write this in my work and personal history.

3. I did a one year post graduate certificate from Canada. The college was located in Barrie. This was post covid so in person Attendance wasn’t mandatory. I also attended the first two weeks from my home Country.
Again do i add therer slots in the personal history section? I.e first two weeks from Pakistan, next 4 months from barrie and the last 4 from Toronto

4. Last question! I was working full time on my study permit( it was the time where students could work full time) while adding it in express entry, they ask if you had a valid work permit during this time? Do i select yes or no.
i had a valid study permit and was allowed to work full time.