+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query :student visa refused

Jasmine2000

Mar 3, 2020
Hello,

Could someone help me with the below queries please?
-I have applied for student visa from Dubai and it was refused. I have requested for the notes from the visa officer and am awaiting their reply. Does anyone know if a clearance certificate would be required from police for study permit?

- My overall IELTS band was 7.0 but I got 5.0 in reading Could that be one of the reasons for refusal of visa? I was planning to appear for IELTS again in the meantime.

Thanks!

vikenfirakezi

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Hello,

-I have applied for student visa from Dubai and it was refused. I have requested for the notes from the visa officer and am awaiting their reply. Does anyone know if a clearance certificate would be required from police for study permit?

- My overall IELTS band was 7.0 but I got 5.0 in reading Could that be one of the reasons for refusal of visa? I was planning to appear for IELTS again in the meantime.

Thanks!
Hi, can u pleass write down ur timeline? I have applied from Dubau as well.

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Hello,

Thanks!
share your profile and the refusal reasons

christy94

Oct 28, 2017
Hi Mates,

Even I will be applying from Dubai. Do we have to submit GIC or so? Because I heard when applying from Dubai, GIC is not available. Also, Is there anything like SDS or Non-SDS when applying from Dubai, or it is General? How much time does it take? I have been admitted by UNB for my Masters.

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Hi Mates,

Even I will be applying from Dubai. Do we have to submit GIC or so? Because I heard when applying from Dubai, GIC is not available. Also, Is there anything like SDS or Non-SDS when applying from Dubai, or it is General? How much time does it take? I have been admitted by UNB for my Masters.
hey hi i am also in UNB and no GIC is only for countries that are eligible under sds Pakistan,india and china and a few others so you will have to apply in the general category processing time for dubai is around 15 days but those are just estimates it all depends on your application

JustDonna

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Hello,

Thanks!
hi, when did you applied for the Visa ?

JustDonna

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Hi,

I applied on 23 Jan 2020 and received a reply on 29th Feb 2020.
I also applied last Jan 30 in Abu Dhabi but until now still no update.
I think one of the reason you got refused was because of your 5.0 score . but its based only on what i've red in some of the threads here.
you're in Dubai ?

christy94

Oct 28, 2017
Guys,

I am an Indian. But since I did my schooling and completed my undergraduate degree in Dubai, my university has waived IELTS requirement for my Masters program. So when applying for Visa from Dubai, can I apply without the ILETS?

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Guys,

I am an Indian. But since I did my schooling and completed my undergraduate degree in Dubai, my university has waived IELTS requirement for my Masters program. So when applying for Visa from Dubai, can I apply without the ILETS?
yes if your university has already offered you admission you can apply directly although you cant apply through sds even if you go back to india and apply from there just make sure you write a strong SOP as you arent applying from your home country

Reactions: JustDonna