+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query relating to web form and visa application updation with new LOA.

Arshi_n

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
I applied for student visa on November 29th, 2020 for January intake under SDS category. Although, given the circumstances arising due to pandemic, it became apparent that visa application won’t be processed in time to start my classes in person from January. Following which, I decided to defer my program to the next available intake of September 2021 intake. Afterwards, I raised a web form ( without being requested) on December 19th 2020 with my new LOA to update my Visa application. Upon submission of web form I received an automated message, which stated:

" Your enquiry has been sent to the visa office processing your application. You should receive a reply within 28 working days (by email, regular mail or fax) If your application is within normal processing times you may not receive a reply from the visa office. If you message contains new information for your application (e.g. adding a newborn or change of address) your file will be updated but the visa office may not respond to your email."

Also, within a couple of days on December 21st 2020 I got an automated mail from Delhi immigration office, which stated:

Dear Client,
Thank you for your e-mail. Your question has been received by the Migration Section, Client Service Unit, in India.
If you are providing additional documents, as request by IRCC, and have applied online, you must submit these additional documents through your secure IRCC account. If you want to update the information on your online application, but have NOT been requested to do so, we will open up a document request in your application so that you can upload the documents. Only additional documents provided for paper applications will be uploaded to your file by the mission.
Please be advised that we can only assist in applications where India is the primary office. If you submitted and application under a permanent resident economic category, your application may be processed in Canada. You should submit the webform and indicate that you applied online via economic immigration and your additional document will be sent to the appropriate office. The mission may not be able to access your file to create.
Please note there is a file size limit of 4MB per file. If your file is too big, find out how to reduce the files size.
If IRCC has not requested any document, allow 5 business days from the day you receive this email before uploading your documents to your online application. You can log in using your secure IRCC account. Please note that your documents will not be uploaded by the mission.
We trust you will find above information of assistance.

It’s been over one month since I raised the web form and I’m still not sure if my visa application got updated with the new LOA. Now my question is:

• In order to update visa application with new LOA is raising a web form enough or would I be requested separately by immigration office to update my application through my CIC profile?
  • Based on the automated responses, what understanding should I derive whether my visa application got updated with my LOA or not?
  • If the process I followed is incorrect, what is the correct process of uploading new Letter of Acceptance to update the Visa application?
Please do share if you have any insight. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: jaaayy

SVW_87

May 22, 2019
Same issue with a friend of mine. However, even after 5 days the IRCc portal does not show any new tabs to upload docs !

Reactions: Arshi_n

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
I applied for student visa on November 29th, 2020 for January intake under SDS category. Although, given the circumstances arising due to pandemic, it became apparent that visa application won’t be processed in time to start my classes in person from January. Following which, I decided to defer my program to the next available intake of September 2021 intake. Afterwards, I raised a web form ( without being requested) on December 19th 2020 with my new LOA to update my Visa application. Upon submission of web form I received an automated message, which stated:

" Your enquiry has been sent to the visa office processing your application. You should receive a reply within 28 working days (by email, regular mail or fax) If your application is within normal processing times you may not receive a reply from the visa office. If you message contains new information for your application (e.g. adding a newborn or change of address) your file will be updated but the visa office may not respond to your email."

Also, within a couple of days on December 21st 2020 I got an automated mail from Delhi immigration office, which stated:

Dear Client,
Thank you for your e-mail. Your question has been received by the Migration Section, Client Service Unit, in India.
If you are providing additional documents, as request by IRCC, and have applied online, you must submit these additional documents through your secure IRCC account. If you want to update the information on your online application, but have NOT been requested to do so, we will open up a document request in your application so that you can upload the documents. Only additional documents provided for paper applications will be uploaded to your file by the mission.
Please be advised that we can only assist in applications where India is the primary office. If you submitted and application under a permanent resident economic category, your application may be processed in Canada. You should submit the webform and indicate that you applied online via economic immigration and your additional document will be sent to the appropriate office. The mission may not be able to access your file to create.
Please note there is a file size limit of 4MB per file. If your file is too big, find out how to reduce the files size.
If IRCC has not requested any document, allow 5 business days from the day you receive this email before uploading your documents to your online application. You can log in using your secure IRCC account. Please note that your documents will not be uploaded by the mission.

It’s been over one month since I raised the web form and I’m still not sure if my visa application got updated with the new LOA. Now my question is:

• In order to update visa application with new LOA is raising a web form enough or would I be requested separately by immigration office to update my application through my CIC profile?
  • Based on the automated responses, what understanding should I derive whether my visa application got updated with my LOA or not?
  • If the process I followed is incorrect, what is the correct process of uploading new Letter of Acceptance to update the Visa application?

Thank you for the detailed information.
I am also in the same condition as you.
I deferred my Intake from JAN 21 to SEPT 21 and also I have received my passport with the study permit stamp. (after deferment)

Now I am in a confusion that should I upload the new SEPT 21 Intake LOA in my GC key by raising webform or not.
Also if I do so will my Study permit duration be decreased?
As in the precious JAN intake LOA which I uploaded the course duration was mentioned as 24 months and as of now I have received the new LOA for Sept 21 intake which mentions the course duration as 16 months.

Please guide me further in terms of what should be done .

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
Thank you for the detailed information.
I am also in the same condition as you.
I deferred my Intake from JAN 21 to SEPT 21 and also I have received my passport with the study permit stamp. (after deferment)

Now I am in a confusion that should I upload the new SEPT 21 Intake LOA in my GC key by raising webform or not.
Also if I do so will my Study permit duration be decreased?
As in the precious JAN intake LOA which I uploaded the course duration was mentioned as 24 months and as of now I have received the new LOA for Sept 21 intake which mentions the course duration as 16 months.

Please guide me further in terms of what should be done .
Why is the duration different if it is the same program at the same institution?

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Why is the duration different if it is the same program at the same institution?
Yeah, I don't know: McMaster has different duration for different intake programs for JAN 2021 it's 24 months and for Sept 2021 it's 16 months, and also previously for SEPT 2020 it was 18months.

I deferred twice because of the corona situation and as of now in my offer letter for SEPT 2021, it's mentioned 16 months.

But still, the question remains the same should I upload the new LOA in the GC key portal by raising the webform?

Do guide me based on your experience.

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
Yeah, I don't know: McMaster has different duration for different intake programs for JAN 2021 it's 24 months and for Sept 2021 it's 16 months, and also previously for SEPT 2020 it was 18months.

I deferred twice because of the corona situation and as of now in my offer letter for SEPT 2021, it's mentioned 16 months.

But still, the question remains the same should I upload the new LOA in the GC key portal by raising the webform?

Do guide me based on your experience.
So as far IRCC are concerned you should have started your program already, I think you should have told them as soon as you deferred and not be concerned about when the permit expires. I sent them my new LOA immediately when I deferred from fall 20 to 21. I am not sure what reason you will give now for not informing them earlier. That is my opinion and I'm not an expert on this, so someone else may give different advice.

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
So as far IRCC are concerned you should have started your program already, I think you should have told them as soon as you deferred and not be concerned about when the permit expires. I sent them my new LOA immediately when I deferred from fall 20 to 21. I am not sure what reason you will give now for not informing them earlier. That is my opinion and I'm not an expert on this, so someone else may give different advice.
I was unable to inform them earlier is because I received my new LOA right after my passport got stamped and came home. So it's my university that delayed the process of sending the new LOA.

If I upload the new LOA now will IRCC demand my passport for changes in the Study Permit?

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020

Dear Client,

A quick question is your new LOA updated? Have you got any email confirmation for that?

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
I sent it via webform, they didn't confirm, but my permit says I can enter Canada to obtain my study permit until 2023.

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
I sent it via webform, they didn't confirm, but my permit says I can enter Canada to obtain my study permit until 2023.
How much time is passed as of now when you submitted the webform?
My study permit also shows the validity till 2023

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
" Canada in India

@CanadainIndia

·
Mar 22

Students – If you decide to defer your studies in Canada with a start-date of 150 days or more, you will need to send us a new acceptance letter from your designated learning institution. "

Does this specify that we need to submit the LOA via the webform or we need to connect with the concerned UNIVERSITY for updatation?